Franklin Co.

Motlow81

Why is the FCHS Baseball program losing so many talented players? I ask this before but maybe someone got a little to personal, and CoachT saw fit to delete the thread. Please, let's don't throw jabs at anyone in particular. All I want, is to know why these talented players are quitting baseball. We need to know what the problem is before we can fix it. :o

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest yellabone21

That post earlier wasn't patrick sanders that was steven cantrell this is sanders. Yeah the rebels have lost some of their best players. It's no disrespect to Phil King or anything but he is everyone's problem. I'm not saying he doesn't know baseball, because he does... that's his strength but his weakness is he has a temper and doesn't know how to control it. That temper makes the players or atleast me want to flare up on him.The point I'm getting at is when the game gets to the point it's not fun anymore that is why all these players quit.whoever said i got kicked off the team for smoking cigaretts and skipping practice well you must know alot cuz king told everyone I quit. But I did try out again and had the best tryout out there and all the players told me that too and he held a grudge and didn't pick me. I'm just speaking the truth and all the players feel me on this that King isn't cut out to coach a highschool. He needs some psychiatric help 4 real!!!!! :D

Posted by Motlow81:

Why is the FCHS Baseball program losing so many talented players? I ask this before but maybe someone got a little to personal, and CoachT saw fit to delete the thread. Please, let's don't throw jabs at anyone in particular. All I want, is to know why these talented players are quitting baseball. We need to know what the problem is before we can fix it. :o

From what I hear, the players that have quit, there reasons had nothing to with the coach. They quit for there own personal reasons, maybe they just don't have the love for the game. The kids that are on the team seem pretty happy with there coach, so it seems to be that the players that quit, quit for there own reasons and didn't quit because of the coach.

Let me get this straight. All the players said you were good, so you must be good. Also, you are a high school kid from Winchester who thinks an adult coach needs psychiatric help. Remember when young people respected adults. Nowadays, if you don't make the team - the coach is nuts. It is always someone else's fault. Nobody takes responsibility anymore. It seems to me that 28-30 kids get along great with their coach and the knuckleheads that quit or got cut don't like him. That's not a shocker.

I agree with that last post that most people probably get along with him. I think that Coach King is kind old school and I think thats good. Kids these days aren't like they used to be, there are a lot of kids that can't handle getting yelled at or someone being hard on them. If these kids that are quitting are used to be the good players that no one gave a hard time then its there own fault for not being able to take it. Best of luck to Coach King and the Rebels, even though you have had some preseason adversity you will be better for it.

Guest TNBASEBALL

UNFORTUNATELY FRANKLIN CO HAS LOST SEVERAL GOOD PLAYERS. THE REASONS SEEM TO BE MORE ON A PERSONAL LEVEL.IT IS MY OPINION THAT THERE ARE ALOT OF KIDS THAT WANT THE GLORY BUT ARE NOT WILLING TO PUT IN THE TIME OR THE HARDWORK. THEY CAN'T EXPECT TO IMPROVE AND POSSIBLY PLAY AT THE NEXT LEVEL WITHOUT IT. FCHS IS FORTUNATE TO HAVE A NUMBER OF FINE PLAYERS TO REPERSENT THEM. AS WELL AS A COACH THAT KNOWS THE GAME AND ENCOURAGES THEM TO STRIVE FOR MORE. AND IN DOING SO ENFORCES DESCIPLINE. IT SEEMS KIDS TODAY COULD USE A LITTLE MORE OF THAT. HE IS HIGHLY RESPECTED BY HIS PLAYERS AND LOVES THE GAME JUST AS MUCH. THERE'S ALOT OF TALENT AT FCHS. I BELIEVE WE'LL SEE ALOT OF GOOD THINGS FROM THIS GROUP OF ATHELETES.

Posted by TNBASEBALL:

UNFORTUNATELY FRANKLIN CO HAS LOST SEVERAL GOOD PLAYERS. THE REASONS SEEM TO BE MORE ON A PERSONAL LEVEL.IT IS MY OPINION THAT THERE ARE ALOT OF KIDS THAT WANT THE GLORY BUT ARE NOT WILLING TO PUT IN THE TIME OR THE HARDWORK. THEY CAN'T EXPECT TO IMPROVE AND POSSIBLY PLAY AT THE NEXT LEVEL WITHOUT IT. FCHS IS FORTUNATE TO HAVE A NUMBER OF FINE PLAYERS TO REPERSENT THEM. AS WELL AS A COACH THAT KNOWS THE GAME AND ENCOURAGES THEM TO STRIVE FOR MORE. AND IN DOING SO ENORCES DESCIPLINE. IT SEEMS KIDS TODAY COULD USE A LITTLE MORE OF THAT. HE IS HIGHLY RESPECTED BY HIS PLAYERS AND LOVES THE GAME JUST AS MUCH. THERE'S ALOT OF TALENT AT FCHS. I BELIEVE WE'LL SEE ALOT OF GOOD THINGS FROM THIS GROUP OF ATHELETES.

[Edited by TNBASEBALL on 3-17-03 12:15A]

• 2 weeks later...

after the first week of the regular season the rebels are at a solid 9-0 having played some pretty good teams if i remember right some people were saying that the rebels werent going to be any good because of all of the players that they have lost but from what i have seen and heard the rebels are for real

I could go both ways on this argument, Temper or no temper, Coach King is still a great coach, the only problem is, he knows it, not that thats a bad thing, but it could be in certain situations..But all in all, he is still the best coach that I've played for. I've knocked on him quite a few times in the past but I should be thanking him, He taught me alot... so thanks Coach King..... and good luck to both teams tomorrow night in Coffee Co..GO RAIDERS!!