Who picks whom?

imasoftballer

Many have stated that private schools do not have an athletic requierment for admission. I agree with that statement. In my opinion the athelet/parent picks the school, not the other way around where the school picks the kid. Now, with that said, I do think there are other outside influnces that help that kid with their decision. AAU coaches affiliated with certain schools, coaches associated with other summer program, school alumni, advertising. For people to say that kids do not got to any certain private school for athletics is just a false statement. As a coach and as a parent of two girls I can say that, if I was in the Nashville area and my girls were good enough to play on one of the top private school's softball teams, (Ezell or a couple of others) I would enroll them there. The education and enviroment are pluses but the exposure that they would receive in softball would be the biggest factor in making that decision. I really don't think I am the only parent who thinks this way????

Just look at what some parents do to get their better at the game. People are driving hundreds of miles from in and out of the state to attend ClubK. That is to just take lessons. Do you not think they would do as much for their kids when it comes to playing and getting them exposed to colleges?

Posted by imasoftballer:

Many have stated that private schools do not have an athletic requirement for admission. I agree with that statement. In my opinion the athelet/parent picks the school, not the other way around where the school picks the kid. Now, with that said, I do think there are other outside influnces that help that kid with their decision. AAU coaches affiliated with certain schools, coaches associated with other summer program, school alumni, advertising. For people to say that kids do not got to any certain private school for athletics is just a false statement. As a coach and as a parent of two girls I can say that, if I was in the Nashville area and my girls were good enough to play on one of the top private school's softball teams, (Ezell or a couple of others) I would enroll them there. The education and enviroment are pluses but the exposure that they would receive in softball would be the biggest factor in making that decision. I really don't think I am the only parent who thinks this way????

Just look at what some parents do to get their better at the game. People are driving hundreds of miles from in and out of the state to attend ClubK. That is to just take lessons. Do you not think they would do as much for their kids when it comes to playing and getting them exposed to colleges?

softballer...no one has said that there aren`t kids who attend a private school because of the sports program. If they have, then please show who said it.

You stated..."Now, with that said, I do think there are other outside influnces that help that kid with their decision. AAU coaches affiliated with certain schools, coaches associated with other summer program, school alumni, advertising."

Did any of those things influence your decision to send your girls to Ezell if you lived in the Nashville area? Have you been exposed to Ezell alumni trying to get your girls there? Have they sent you any advertising brochures? Just wondering. Cause I think it`s all about perception. Parents who send their kids to a private school basically perceive something about it that is better than the public option. I listed some of those things on the closed thread. You perceive that Ezell would be good for your daughters and that is why you`d send your girls there. It is no different where open zones and magnets are concerned. When people have a choice they normally go with the school they perceive to be best for them.

Nothing preceived about it. If I want my daughter to excel at her game(softball) where is the better place to do it? Perry Co. or Ezell? I would think 99% of the people would agree it would be Ezell.

Now, to your questions concerning Ezell. No I have notgotten anything from them but I do know of the outside influence that other private schools use. FACT

I have seen several post claiming that kids do not go to private schools for athletics. As much as you post on here you have had to of seen them also.