Let's talk defense

bhsbaseball

Anybody got any kind of numbers on charges taken or floor burns? I would really like to know how some of the people around the state stack up to Mark Martin of bartlett. hes the guy who doesnt get the fame or glory or even the fga's but he busts his butt everynight on defense and i just want to applaud him and any other person in this state who plays that role on their respective team. Anyone will shoot but it takes a special kind of mind set, heart, and determination to go out everynight get knocked to the floor taking charges and know you may not have but one or two shots. Once again, my standing O to anyone who fills this role on their team.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been lucky enough to see both of these players play this season. In the games that I've seen, I concur that Mark Martin of Bartlett is the best at taking the charge. He is not afraid to lay it all on the line every time out, and that is one of the key reason's for Bartlett's success this season. Congrats on the District Championship and good luck in Region, Sub-State, and State.

There may not be a player in the State who takes more charges than Lebanon Soph F Andrew Donald....

As for Defense, the best Defensive player in the State is Brian Fisk of Dyer Co. Ricky Harper and Wadele Williams are right up there as defenders, as is Maplewood's Bubba Taylor....

CoachSH, you are right on the money. Coach Hardin has always done an outstanding job teaching his match-up zone; now they have outstanding talent and you see what they are doing. A lot of times the word MATCH-UP is applied inappropriately, but Betsy is the best that I've seen over the years.