Jellico vs Unaka score?

swish1

The score was like 67-37 Unaka. I was very impressed with the Jellico Blue Devils though. The played very tough D. They played right with the Rangers for an half, before running out of gas and the Lady Rangers showed true talent to capitalize on it and finish the game with a 30 pt blow out.

I have only one question though. When you are up 30 points why do you still have to boo the refs on their calls. One example is, When the Rangers got called for knocking the ball out of bounds and they gave the ball to the then down 30 Devils, and the Rangers fans jsut went crazy with their boos. I mean is there a need for this. Instead of booing the calls you should clapping on your team and the opposing team, because for the losing team there is always a group of seniors that is playing in their last game. And i know how it felt to lose my last game by 2, so i can only imagine what its like for seniors on a team like Jellico and Washburn. So i would like to take a minute hear to say Congrats for all the Seniors who have already been elimated. I hope you enjoyed every minute of your senior year. Trust me there is nothing like playing a High School sport. Just the respect, fan support, and friends that you make is just unbelieveable. Also for you underclass girls or boys, remember the faces of those seniors on your team and work in the offseason to make sure that your senior year is the best that it can be. Just make sure you have no regrets. And above all make sure you enjoy it and have FUN doing it.

For the teams remaining GOOD LUCK to you all!!!!

[Edited by notjustafan on 3-5-03 1:25A]

No offense but if you watched the game you would have noticed that the officiating was a little one sided and I think that the crowd just got frustrated with all the bad calls - they meant no disrespect to Jellico. But when you think about it, do most people think about the opposing teams seniors when games are on the line and emotions are running high? GOOD GAME LADY RANGERS LET'S MAKE IT TWO IN A ROW!!! :D

Do you think it's the ref's job to keep the losing team in the game? What if it had been a close game and the refs still called terribly. No matter who is winning or losing, it's the ref's responsibility to call it fairly on BOTH ends.

The same thing happened in the boys game. More than one time, it was very obvious that it was one sided. I know you're probably thinking, whine, whine, whine, but we won and the refs still stunk.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...