Who has the worst field to play on?

CheeseCake

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I agree. There is a sign in the dugout that says that sliding should not be practiced because it can cause serious injury. Before the game, over by 1st base there was some glass, after removing the glass and pushing aside some sand - they uncovered a ton of glass. The field was so bad they had to move the game BACK to Lipscomb who's field is in excellent shape even with all the bad weather last week.

Giles field looks ok... Won't argue w/ you there... but it is far from flat... And that is one of the big things that labels a field as being "good"... The infield before you get to first or 3rd base has a drop off.... ( I played both positions.. :)) And the outfield is very uneven... Especially in left... but, however, i loved playing on it... GCHS's coach made the umps check our bat after me and a fellow teammate went back to back on reynolds... Both being major shots... :D

Chester Co's Field is horrible...if it sprinkles you get a rain out..a terrible lip around the infield...and the lighting is so bad, you need a flashlight to catch a ball in the outfield. But that field pales in comparision to how bad their team is.

I'd have to agree with those that say Bradford is the absolute worst. It's kind of like they couldn't decide whether they wanted a grass infield or a dirt infield, so there's a few patches of both, along with some gravel. It's probably the shortest field all the way around I ever played on--definitely no more than 280 in most parts.

Greenfield would also be on my list for night games because their lighting is terrible.

that was a real educated statement! considering we havent had a rain out all year w/ all the rain that has come this year. we have also played on our field the day after most of those big rains. there is lip on the infield but not as bad as most fields. the lighting was only bad during our tournament when select lights had a problem of over-heating and turning themselves off but that is fixed now.

Posted by 643dp:

Chester Co's Field is horrible...if it sprinkles you get a rain out..a terrible lip around the infield...and the lighting is so bad, you need a flashlight to catch a ball in the outfield. But that field pales in comparision to how bad their team is.

[Edited by ac08 on 4-14-03 9:43P]

WOw...you have a really short memory...I know of at least one rain out over there with your tournament. JCM had a game th ere that was rained out. And the lighting does . It doesn't matter what you say. You still can't see that well. Keep talking.

[Edited by 23sMom on 4-17-03 4:26A]