MCMINN CENTRAL VS MEIGS CO-REGION 3 GAME

etmxh

Guest pattiball

You may need to go back and take a look at the film as many people did last year. There was NO undercut, there was NO fault. Check your facts!!!!!!!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the game and I see no reason why someone would say that the parents should drive the Meigs Co. coaches out of town.What have they done???Nothing but help our daughters improve at a game which they love.We would never think of doing something like that...And the part about having to visit them in jail,well just where do you get that I would like to know???

And what right do any of you have to put down the fans???What have they done???Nothing but be loyal and simply cheer for their team. But to call us all rednecks?~?You don't know us and for that matter who are you to say that about us...We are going to be fans of the Lady Tigers through think and thin and that is something that will NEVER change.But something that is going to change is our ball team they are working hard and getting better and all of you know it!!! :)

I guess I was lied to by several people. These things aren't the only ones I've seen or heard on Meigs-coaches, players and/or fans. It seems to be a pattern. There have been some classless things take place, in high school football and baseball, and believe it or not, in 8th grade softball. The fact that I'm nowhere near Decatur and still know and have seen things makes me wonder what I'd feel if I was with a team near there such as McMinn Central or Polk. And if she was not undercut, how would you describe what's being called here an accident?

Meigs Coaches are exciting to watch, although a litle irrate at times- they are just wanting to win. The players are good players and if they play a little...........well, "different" I am sure it is only at the instruction of the Coaches. At the Central vs. Meigs game at CSCC, I never saw a player or a Coach do anything wrong. There was some rough play- but thats just part of ball. However, there was some "over-enthusiastic" fans on Meigs side, that obviously forgot at times that these are just kids on the floor. The only real incident that sticks out in my mind was a lady (if thats what you would call her)yelling some very personal name calling to the MVP of the tournament while she was on the free throw line.Just a good thing that wasn't my daughter she was yelling at. But whatever, its over, and the best team won-as usual. I think thats where the frustration comes in to play with the fans. Meigs has been so close this year to beating several top notch teams but it just didn't pan out in the end.

were you there when she supposedly threatened her? i was, there was no threat ubt the meigs girl's sister, who plays at TWC, did threaten someone, someone she took to be another player when in reality it was a 25 year old fan. miss TWC pushed and shoved and threatened her. the 15 year old had nothing to do with it. and by the way, it's McMinn Central, not McMinn.

yes, I have been at all the games, including the one at meigs. the young lady that coachs meigs would not shake Central's coachs hand, would not even speak to him. at the tourney vs polk, after the game, she got on to polks coach because he didnt vote for her player for mvp. little miss tommy jr. needs to grow up and be her own coach instead of a wanna be puppet with him pulling her strings. and i never heard the n word from any fan, if you heard it, perhaps it was ment for you only, toward you. act your age, let the students play the game, after all, it is "high school"

What has ever happened at Meigs county that people are so afraid to come??? I hate to break it to you, but just last year a mother of the team we were playing left her child in care of two Meigs students taking up tickets... that should show you that there's nothing to be afraid of. If you're so scared of Meigs county then don't come back and leave room for the people that really know what they're talking about and can actually enjoy a game.

Guest sportsrlife

I would like to let everyone know exactly what happned first hand. A 15-year old girl and her older sister was leaving a restaurant when a 18-year old from another team, and a McMinn County teacher was entering. The 18-year old told the 15-year old, "If you were 18 then i would kick your _ _ _." The older sister of the 15-year old told her that she was 18 and to leave he sister alone. The 18-year jumped at the 15-year old like she was going to come after her when the McMinn teacher grabbed her. The teacher also made a comment to the 15-year old. Very unproffesional. The younger girl went home and told her parents b/c she didnt want anything to get started. The meigs player's father called Central's coach and told him exactly what happened. He said he would take care of it. No actions were made in reslt of her unsportsman-like manor. If the coach would have done his job in the first place then these "stories" would have never been told. Of course the Meigs fans were upset about this. As far as the statements about the TWC player, I know first hand that she never threatened, shoved, or hit anyone. This has been blown all out of proportion by people who do not know the facts. If you dont believe this, then call Central's coach and ask him yourslef. NOW THATS THE TRUTH !!!! :o