Livingston vs McMinn Central

Guest eaglemgr

I find it hard to call McMinn overrated! Yes, the Cats won and were the better team last night. However, Livingston didn't get the lead till 50secs left in the game. McMinn led most of the way by 6 to 8 points. Great job by Livingston especially Beechboard and the guard number 11. Beechboard is a special player the best I've seen this year. But to not give McMinn credit is plain dumb and these posters should get alife rather than just try and disrespect other kids and fans. McMinn also beat Walker Valley by over twenty twice. They can play with the best teams in the state regrardless of classification. It was proven last night they could even though the results didn't go the way they would have liked. Ask the Livingston Academy fans who watched their team tail 98% of the game if McMinn is as good as any team in the state but like a qualty program does LA steped up and advanced.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ATN101

USA Today knows nothing about basketball in the states of this nation. They, like AP polls, base their ratings on past success. Sure Shelbyville will be in the USA Today Top 25--they have 9 state titles. But that publication has not seen any of these teams play. Placing a great deal of faith in a USA Today rating is similar to listening to someone on Coach T degrade a basketball team that they have never seen play, calling them overrated or underachievers.

[Edited by ATN101 on 3-9-03 6:25P]

i totally agree with you on how hard walker valley played on sat.they were outsized but that did not seem to bother them.they played with heart.fire and tenasity.and they never gave up.they fought to the very end.they gave J.County a big scare with 3 to go.my hats off to the team and the fans. :D

medic23 You are sure right on the point about size. What do you feed them up there to get them to grow so tall. We

want to get a little of it to give to our girls. I thought

we had good size until you all walked onto the floor. Good

luck in the State tournment. At least then we can say we were put out by the state champs. See you next year.

I know they didn't shoot alot of free throws and neither did we until it got towards the end, they didn't call alot of fouls to be honest with ya most of the game, at the end they were trying to foul some but there were times when as fans we thought fouls should have been called, and i'm talking both ways but they pretty much let them play and he kinda mixed his defense up some on them too. But those girls from wv were gamers, they hustled throughout but it was kinda like the one said about us being big, they had the one big girl in the middle but other than that we were pretty much a bigger team, i mean our point guard is 6' tall, and she handles the ball as good as most men do. But i can see why they won so many games, when a press gives our girls problems i just imagine what it does to most teams and they had a good one thats for sure.

The box score from the Herald-Citizen had: freethrows WVSH 1-3, JCHS 16-18. Rebounds WVHS 19(Morris 8) JCHS 20(Bowman,Childress and Hensley 5). Scoring WVHS Morris 13,Rominger 9,Butler 6,Cox 6, Parks 5,Brown 2. JCHS Hensley 26, Bowman 18, Apple 4, Childress 2, Hopkins 2, Olson 2. Something of note: Cox scored WVs first 6 points. But for every layup she made, she picked up a foul on the other end of the floor, all with two or three mins gone on the clock. That was their high scorer until deep into the second quarter. Walker Valley had the most effective press that I have seen all year. Great game ladies. :rolleyes: