hancock vs cosby

Guest oldcoach22

I didn't get to go to that sub-state game, but if I understand correctly, they asked fans from both teams to watch to game on TV in classrooms. I know I would have been hard pressed to not be in the gym, so I am sure there were several from both teams who refused. Even though Cosby's gym is one of the larger ones in Class A, I know it will still be packed and we don't have the closed circuit tv system. I think I'm going to go stake out my seat when the bell rings at 3:00.

GO COSBY!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey jfeagle34, if you recall cosby was up 2 years ago at hancock 24 to 7 and just because we came back and sent you all back home crying because hancock was going to state and cosby wasn't your blaming it on the refs (good excuse but its old).When hancock played you guys earlier this year cosby played the game of their lives and yes you all won but what did that mean nothing their are a little bit more on the line this time and i will promise you that you will see a different indians team tomorrow night if you smell what the ROCK is cooking!!!!!!!!!!

AMEN!! Hancock County SHOULD be given the same courtesy, but since when has Cosby been very courteous to us?

And as far as the fans of Cosby go, all of them were fine except for a small group of "ladies" I use that term loosely because they weren't very ladylike! :D

GO INDIANS!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

I was at the Cosby/hancock game 2 years ago. I got there EARLY.(I had never been to Sneedville) I got a great seat.

I do remember that at the gate they asked if I was from hancock or Cosby and had seperate tickets. I'm not sure if

we had an "allotment" of tickets or what. I'm also not sure

what we plan to do at Cosby. I'm sure there is a limited #

of tickets that can be sold because of the fire marshall restrictions. AM 1270 hancock fans but you will have to go back into Newport. Maybe you can get a section of the

Wal-Mart parking lot. :D

I do think that both Hancock a few years ago and Midway the past few weeks did the best they could with what space they had to work with. And even though we've got a lot of seats at Cosby, I'm sure it won't be enough. I know I've got a seat reserved good luck to everybody else.

Go Eagles...!!!

This is a very important game for the teams of Cosby and Hancock County. The boys and coaches have worked extremely hard since summer of last year. The players know this is a deciding game and that one team moves on and the season ends for the other. We, the fans, need to keep in mind that this sport of basketball, is a school program and that we need to conduct ourselves in a sportsmanship way. There are those out there that give BOTH teams a bad image. For those, I am ashamed. Why does our basketball program have to be surrounded with such ill manners? Can't the game just be played and the outcome be decided by the players on the court? I support my team fully, and will stand beside them no matter what the score is when the buzzer rings for the final time on Monday night. I was at the game 2 years ago when Hancock hosted Cosby in sub-state. I know fans were seated inside the gym to the point I thought it may have influenced the way the boys played. I hope tomorrow night's game will be played fairly and that the fans of both teams accept the outcome for what it is.

Go Indians!!!

Hey Rebecca, if you recall correctly, The "Rock" had 30 at Cosby this year and it was not enough. Admit it. You and the rest of Hancock are scared to come to Cosby as we would be coming to HCHS. But hey you're coming anyway. It should be a game where Cosby gets a pretty comfortable lead and can hold it. Rocky got 30 last time. but not enough. The rest of the team was stopped. Cosby tickets go on sale at 9:00 Monday morning. Good luck finding a seat Hancock fans. Don't woory you don't have to wish me luck finding one. I'll be busy being the official scorekeepeer as the Eagles hopefully go 29-2 and Hancock goes home.

GO BIG BLUE

Hey rebecca, I wasn't asking for your opinion on the matter, I was just giving you the facts. When a sixth foul is granted a team doesn't get one and one free throws, but that's what happened for Hancock. Just ask Shaniaguy, he was there. We re-watched the film over and over and there were only 6 fouls on Cosby at the time but the home scorebook said 7 and thats what the refs went by. But that's not the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last time mysterious things have happened at Hancock. Tickets do go on sale at 9:00 and if your lucky we might reserve you guys 300 seats like you did us (But I doubt it) ;) You say the game earlier in the year was the game of our lives, but you obviously haven't seen us play any other games. I'm sure we will have some tricks up our sleeves. It's the crock vs. the MVP(of every tourny he's in). We'll bring the whoopin', you bring the toe!

GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!! :):D

Don't worry, rebecca may be too afraid to come tomorrow night. After all, Hancock's not lost a game at their place in however long and niether has Cosby this year. Hancock will try to conquer at the nest but Cosby will be ready and even if Rocky does get thirty points, we know we can still beat you, uh because he did that already and we still won. So the pressure's on Hancock. And i still laugh at the fact that there were 300 "reserved Cosby seats at HCHS" If it were up to me, Hancock might get 30 seats tomorrow but hey the more people Cosby makes mad the better. Look out Murfreesboro the eagles have their eyes on you.