Blackman Blaze

Fullback49

I am sick and tired of you arrogant people from Riverdale and Oakland saying that Blackman's success was due to the success of Riverdale and Oakland. Just because a player played at Riverdale or Oakland as a freshman and transfered to blackman does not mean that the success of Blackman was due to those players playing at other schools. Many of the people that left Riverdale and Oakland were kicked out of the Weight room and not allowed to lift, which is understandable, but it proves my point that blackmans success was not spawned by riverdale and Oakland.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Riverdale and Oakland had both been teams with a long tradition of losing, then that is the mindset that the first Blackman teams would have started with. Losing, and winning, are habits. They are not that easy to get out of sometimes. The fact that the first Blackman team was primarily made up of kids from two of the top programs in the state of Tennessee gave them a winning attitude, and that carried over to the Blaze program.

No one ever said that the Blackman players did not work hard to get where they did, but again, they learned how to work hard at Riverdale and Oakland. Believe it or not, every school does not work as hard as the Warriors and Patriots, and their results show it.

So I stick by my belief that the success of Blackman, so early in the program's history, is largely due to the influence of the Riverdale and Oakland programs. What is the shame in that?

Guest bulldogpride13

Yeah, and don't forget RIVERDALE, that the kids that came from Oakland had went 0-8 on their freshman team before coming to Blackman and had been beaten by Riverdale by like 60 points. I bet those kids really had that winning tradition.

Guest bulldogpride13

I know for a fact that not one upper classmen from Oakland came that year. There were a few from RHS, but none from Oakland. Also, if you are going to argue have your facts straight. Those freshman had nothing at all to do with Oakland's '98 state championship team. They were in 8th grade. I think that you are right about many of the Riverdale kids having winning attitudes, but you are wrong to say that those 9th graders from Oakland brought that. I guess we will see if you are going to admit that or not.

Hey Riverdale, everything you said is right. Blackman did get its winning attitude from Riverdale and Oakland. I learned what hard work really meant when I played at Riverdale. And when you take kids from these 2 teams and make 1 team, this winning attitude carries over. I agree with you that some teams don't work as hard as the Boro teams. This is why a Boro team has been in the state championship game 8 out of the past 10 years. If other teams worked as hard, MAYBE teams like Lavergne or Smyrna would actually have at least 1 win against a Boro team.

BigTommy, if it weren't for Riverdale and Oakland, do you think that Blackman would learn how to have a winning tradition as fast as we did (not only did we get former Riverdale and Oakland players to come to Blackman, we got former coaches too). Take the kids that came from Smyrna and Lavergne. I'm NOT saying that they didn't work hard, they were just too used to losing games. Even though they have now learned how to really work hard, Riverdale and Oakland players that came to Blackman already knew how because that comes along with the winning traditions from their old schools.

bulldogpride13, who are you to say that RIVERDALE is wrong. Anybody that plays at Riverdale or Oakland, even if they go 0-8, learns what hard work and a winning tradition really means. That freshman team at Oakland was not coached well at all. They had all kinds of talent (just ask olineathlete) but no coaching. Another thing, most of Blackman's all-region players went to either Riverdale of Oakland before coming to Blackman. By the way littlepuppy13, with a name like bulldogpride13, you must be from Smyrna. If your not, just ignore my post. But if you are, can you tell me the last time Smyrna beat a Boro team. If you can't, the answer is NEVER. Oh yeah, one more thing, Kavorian Wallace and Stephan Frazier Came to Blackman after playing on Oakland's varsity team.

Hey wildlymild, I just wanted to say hey, now that I know who you are.

Lets Go 4-5A

Hey, first of all gaypride,bulldogpride, what ever ur name is, and that tommy fella. You can not sit back and say that just because my freshman team at oakland went 0-9 didnt mean we didnt have a winning tradition.You do realize that the freshman coaches arent varsity coaches. AND, if u didnt know it, the only team we beat that year was smyrna in a scrimmage right before the season. So, put that in ur pipe and smoke it.

I know that we were in 8th grade whe Ohs won state, but olbhs was right. We did have a couple upperclassmen go.But a winning tradition was instilled in the players at both RHS and OHS, as well as at central. As of now, the results of blackman are OHS and RHS products. this upcomming year will be the first year that the graduating class has been at BHS all 4 years. If yall go to state and win, great, you did it with yalls own people. If you go 0-10, oh well.

Hey Oline, no offense, but your Oakland team benefited quite a bit from a very strong junior class. Ebal, Crawfords, Frame, Smitty...those guys really helped. You may have gotten good leadership from your Seniors, but I dare say that the juniors were the real 'meat' of your team. I don't see how a team with Carter, Hill and some others went 0-8 though at the freshman level.