MJ vs. Shelbyville-a Biblical thing

flngrvy

Guest Oakman

Everyone knows that Shelbyville is a prohibitive favorite. I mean "DUH."

What most people don't seem to know is that Mt. Juliet has a very strong inside game and, at times, really good outside shooting. Everyone who plays can hurt you.

Rick Insell is very familar with Mt. Juliet's young players. You can bet that while Insell is his usual confident self, he isn't taking MJ for granted.

Can Mt. Juliet to win? Stranger things have happened. Will Mt. Juliet win, that's why they play the game.

There is one thing that I do know about all this. If folks are going be beat Mt. Juliet, they had better do it this year!!

The yunguns are gonna grow up. :(

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JCbhs20

Whatever the outcome, we'll see a good game. Shelbyville is a really good team but MJ is talented. Doesnt matter the age...only the talent of the player. I dont think stones have anything to do with winning a basketball game but whatever your strategy is...go for it! Good luck to both teams and see you in the Burro!

[Edited by JCbhs20 on 3-10-03 8:53P]

Guest TNshooter

The Lady Bears are a fun and exciting team to watch! The Eaglettes will of course be talented from the starters to deep on the bench-but you can't coach/teach HEART! These young Bears are definitly going to be the crowd favorites-who wouldn't be pulling for them, they've earned RESPECT! Don't underestimate them-they're good! The impact of MJ's Middle school program is invaluable to the success of the MJ high school program. Hats off to the MJ middle and high school basketball coaches. Both teams have great winning traditions-what an awesome experience for the young and talented lady bears! Let's GOOOOOOO Bears! ;):rolleyes:;)

MJ has come alog way & blown peoples minds, nobody thought they could come as far as they have with such a young team. I think that they are definatly going to show up Thursday night because what have they loose, I believe all the pressure is on Shelbyville. No matter the outcome WAY TO GO LADY BEARS, & GOOD LUCK!!!

MJ did not play the teams Shelbyville did.You can say what you want but MJ was played close by Smyrna and beat once by them.If you know anything at all about B-Ball you have to figure that MJ is going to get beat up pretty bad Thursday night.

I think the Little General is a little short to play The GIANT.

And yes watch for the Insell posse recruiting at the Boro for fresh talent. Since the pencil factory is closed , Tyson will have to supply the jobs.

One last thhought, during the introductions do the hometowns get mentioned as well such as From Lynchburg, Tn 5 7 point guard Tiffany Woosley

Who's won more state titles, been in more state championship games, been USA TODAY's National Champion twice, been ranked nationally 15 out of the last 20 years, has lost only 1 game (in OT) this year. :confused:SHELBYVILLE'S CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL'S GOLDEN EAGLETTES.

CLASS DISMISSED

Pop Quiz Friday :)

Thank You bigchief! To be quite honest even if MJ does get beat by 30,(I don't think they will),I would be more proud of them knowing that they got to where they are on hard work and integrtiy instead of winning a state championship with recruited players.

Good Luck and Congratulations to Mt. Juliet!! :D