Greeneville Coach

barb

Huskey is not likely to leave Sevier County. Lynn Burkey is the man for the job, although Michael Potts would do great things there as well. Hopefully the administration at GHS will not go brain dead and pick someone unqualified. I hope they don't consider the coach at the middle school. He may have had good teams there, but he is as qualified for that job as I am. He would never get what Blair has gotten out of Manuel, Lyons and White. PLEASE make the a good choice for the new girls coach!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would Michael Potts leave Jefferson County right when they are about to become dangerous. Their season was plagued by injuries, and the 7 girl rotation included 2 freshman and 4 sophomores. They have every contributor returning with a years experience and (hopefully) completely healthy. Jefferson County will surprise alot of people. Didn't they give Greeneville their only loss in the District play?

Lynn Burkey AST Coach Farragut

Gene Huskey Head Coach Sevier County

Michael Potts Head Coach Jefferson County

All three have outstanding reputations and have done great jobs in the past. Past success does not guarantee future results.

Lets get specfic:::

what are the strengths and weaknesses of each of these coaches.

AND more importantly what does this current Greeneville team need.

A name here in Morristown that I keep hearing is current Morristown West Ast boys coach--- Larry Hurst- he is the one that actually built the foudation for the current success that the West girls are having.

saw in another thread Mike Rader, the former coach at Happy Valley was interested in getting back into coaching. Do you think he would make a good choice? He was pretty successful at Happy Valley. He is now the principal there but is looking for a change.

What about one of Blair's Asst's, they have been there do they have a chance. Would the admin. look at a long time assistant to do the job. Would any assistant or JV coach have a chance at this postion. I have seen the IMAC assistants and there are some that could do the job.

back to the ealier question what does this greeneville team need

that will answer the question as to whether ast coaches should be considered or if they should go with an experienced coach ie huskey, burkey, hurst or with a younger head coach.

[Edited by redupset on 3-15-03 4:18P]

oh my goodness!!!!

have you followed the IMAC for any amount of time

Coach Hurst is an outstanding COACH!!!!

Coach Hurst is an outstanding developer of talent.

All of the talent that has been in that program is a result of his hard work.

Talk about solid game stategy

and game plan --he is the best

He is the foundation of the WEST program

and was and will once again be a great high school coach.

just a matter of when and where

back to the question

what does the greeneville program need??????

[Edited by redupset on 3-16-03 7:58P]

My thoughts, for what they are worth, would be that Greeneville couldn't go wrong with Potts or Huskey.

If they decided to go with a younger coach, why not Knox Central's J.D. Lambert. He won 16 games this season with a team that under any other coach probably wouldn't have won half that many.

[Edited by DodgerSS on 3-16-03 10:53P]

redupset,

if he is so great then why couldn't he beat jeff co.? he never beat them; not one time!! to say he is the foundation of that program is totally untrue. their current coach has done more for them than hurst could ever dream of! one district tourney title in his career at west does not put him in an elite category. there are better choices than him is all i am saying. the guy is a middle school coach!!

I have heard that the job is Potts if he wants it. As far as Huskey is concerned, maybe he wants out of tourist infested,traffic congested, over-priced Sevier County. I doubt if Greeneville could come up with competitive salary but you must admit the idea is intriguing. Any word on Ricker expressing interest in the position? I heard he is thinking of a move from South Greene. The right coach at Greeneville might just end his reign in Greene County. He just might lose some of his best talent to the city system.