Watagua Conference

CrazyVol

in the unaka cloudland game unaka beat them 2 days before 12-0 on a one hitter. in 8-7 loss they lead 7-1 but he put most of his jv players in and pitched no one on the varsity saving his 1,2,3 and 4 pitcher. with 24 kids you have to let them play if you don't play many jv games. against happy valley they had 7 starters who had just come out of basketball 2 days before and they had not practiced any. as for tn high 3-1 after four they changed pitchers and he got shelled. can they beat volunteer i dont know but for class a they are very good they beat south greene 13-3 but did not hit against crockett losing 2-0. they have only 1 senior and their top 4 pithers are 2 soph. 1 fresh, and 1 junior now having a baseball field to practice on they will be a force in the weeks to come i played for coach ensor and they are a good team i would never overlook them

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job and thank you for not taking what I said personally...because I didn't mean it that way.

I'm glad someone can respond with decency (<- spelling?). I agree that Unaka is a very strong Single-A team. And the victory over South Greene was huge (South Greene WAS top 10 in AA State). I hope that Unaka does get to play Volunteer, and I hope that it would be a good close game. I know that their coach is a good coach. Y'all have a VERY strong team to be in Single A. I'm not sure how you'd match up with the better AAA teams, but I know that y'all can hold your own against most AA and quite a few A. I've had my eye on Unaka this year, and I'll continue to keep my eye on them.

You guys are just awful dont try to make exscuses about getting beat by us you had everyone for except maybe 2 people and thats miller and maybe peters you guys couldnt touch or pitcher and we rocked your pitchers world you thought your team would come out there and roll over us but guess what you was wrong.

UHS-10 ONE MORE FOR THE GOOD GUYS GET USED TO IT ETOWN

ELIZ-0

What do you mean not showing anything in a tournament game when it don't mean anything? Sure, you might not want to throw your Ace against a conference foe in a tourny, but why would you leave out several "starters"? Do you think it will be a big surprise to the Watagua that Miller can hit, bunt, run and field? Etown sure is sneaky making everyone think they are worse than they are. Good strategy though, give your team excuses before the games are even played. "Well guys, we might not win because six of our best players are not going to play." How absurd.

Etown2,

Who did not play against Volunteer Wedneday night? It looked like everyone was there. I know B. J. was. He led off, played second base and had at least three hits. But....he did not want to show anything against a conference team....yeah sure. Elizabethton's next conference game is not until Tuesday night so they were not saving pitching. If you cannot give an intelligent reply, don't bother.

[Edited by CHHS72 on 3-28-03 7:12A]

[Edited by CHHS72 on 3-28-03 7:13A]