(1)Perry Co.

(2)Temple

(3)Cosby

(8)University School

(9)Summertown

(23)Trousdale Co.

(32)Greenefield

(33)Mitchell

-----Perry County has the highest strength of schedule of the remaining teams at #13, while University School by far has the lowest at #100.

AA:

(1)Giles Co.

(3)Ridgeway

(4)Elizabethton

(5)Fulton

(11)Jackson South Side

(13)Howard

(14)Portland

(19)Haywood

------South Side has the highest SOS at #3, while Giles Co. has the lowest at #65.

AAA:

(1)Bradley Central

(3)White Station

(5)Dobyns Bennett

(8)Columbia

(11)Greeneville

(13)Hamilton

(14)Hendersonville

(26)Gallatin

------Gallatin has the highest SOS at #21, while White Station has the lowest at #64.

Guest webb24eagle

I have always found to believe that the "strength" tends to go more toward the west TN teams. Why that is I don't know but coacht is not the only place that feels that way. Just because there is more big newspapers in west Tn that overate rate there teams doesn't mean their schedule is harder than everyone elses. At least thats how the AP poles work (not that we listen to them anyway) but I was curious how coacht decides how "strong" ones schedule really is.

It always amazes me how people try to figure out formulas as to who is the stronger team. Unfortunately, you cannot factor into sports the human factor. A good example is the above rankings saying Hendersonville is stronger than Gallatin. In reality, according to the results of their games this year. Gallatin would have to be a better team if you go head to head competition. Usually the best way to establish superiority. In a superbowl championship they usually do not award the trophy to some fictitious formula based on how they did during the year. They simply play each other and the winner is determined. I.e the region 5 game this year. I am not sure if any of the other teams have played head to head and were flip flopped in the rankings but the Sumner County teams are in reverse order.

TitanTim, I agree that numbers are not completely precise indications of a team's ability, nor can they consistently predict state championship results; however, I don't believe this was supaballa's intention. Instead, he was simply providing some statistics and some bases for discussion.

Good stuff. :D