Rockwood @ Knox Catholic

BriC

It was a great game, although the outcome was opposite of what I wished. Catholic won in the bottom of the 8th inning. Many players had good games, at the plate and in the field. Gilmore pitched a masterpiece through 6 innings. His pitch count got up to about 87 and since it is early in the season, coach pulled him. Webb came in and did a good job in relief, some errors, mental and physical, put Rockwood in some tough spots.

Great game all around, good luck to Catholic the rest of the year and hope a speedy recovery to the injured player for CHS.

Go Tigers

The Rockwood Tigers should be very proud of themselves. Yes, they could have won the game against Knox Catholic and let the win slip out of their grasp, but they learned a valuable lesson; they can play against some very good teams. Gilmore is coming along very well, Webb, in relief, pitched very well, defense is solid, and the bats are starting to come around. Tigers, take what you did tonight and build on it. A few errors were made, put them behind you and work on the next play. There were a few mental lapses, work on staying focused. Have confidence that you can hit the ball no matter what pitcher throws it. You WILL suceed!

If these Tigers build on what they have now, I can see the makings of a state contender, but they will have to work hard and keep working.

Although they lost the ballgame, I was very pleased with a lot of what I saw, there were several bright spots in the game. Keep working Tigers, and don't give up, YOU WILL GET THERE!

RHSfan