Let me get this right

Chakra20

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many college basketball players are from the city of Memphis?

How many went to private schools and went D1?

I don't think there has been ANY d1 scholarship private school basketball players in the history of D2 (for the West Region) maybe 5 or 6 total out of all of D2.

But if we take that same amount of time, I can name a list of great SEC players that were in the city of Memphis...

Antonio Burks, Clyde Wade, Billy Richmond, Jeremy Hunt, Scooter McFadgon, Paris London (all played or are playing for Memphis).

Then I can talk about Tony Harris (UT), Robert O'Kelley (Wake Forest), Corey Bradford (Raleigh Egypt) Jonathan Loe (Ole Miss), Johnnie Jackson (Fairley) Derrick Byars (UVA) etc.

Life isn't fair.

How many of those players played agianst 1a high school teams, how many went to one???They all went to 3a and played agiansty good cometition..but lets take gps for example why do you think that they went back to divsin 1 ?Maybe because the tow years that they were in d2 theyu had losing records..Play teams like you and see what happens??

How many of those players played agianst 1a high school teams, how many went to one???They all went to 3a and played agiansty good cometition..but lets take gps for example why do you think that they went back to divsin 1 ?Maybe because the tow years that they were in d2 theyu had losing records..Play teams like you and see what happens??(thats football that i amtalking about)

How many of those players played agianst 1a high school teams, how many went to one???They all went to 3a and played agiansty good competition..but lets take gps for example why do you think that they went back to divsin 1 ?Maybe because the tow years that they were in d2 theyu had losing records..Play teams like you and see what happens??(thats football that i amtalking about)

I can't understand what you wrote...there is a spellchecker, if you are going to ask me questions thats fine, but I have to be able to read them to answer them.

This is petty, you don't seem to understand the fact that their are advantages at every place, better teachers, better traditions, better facilities, better demographics, better location, better funding, better teachers pay, closer driving distances, etc. All I am saying is that there are advantages at all schools...heck my school had a knowledge bowl team and a chess team...I did both...perhaps that might influence a kid to go to my high school (I SURE AS HECK WANTED TO DO THOSE THINGS, AND I PLAYED VARSITY BASKETBALL AND FOOTBALL TOO!)...

Some schools have swimming teams, golf teams, tennis teams, bowling teams, etc. Those could be described as advantages.

What i was asking is how many private schools are there in 3a 4a and 5a?Some one would you please let me know if there are any privates in 3a 4a 5a D1??And to you Ego...I know players go to schools for traditions or advantages.but i dont think that is the only reason that players go there it is for there parents benifts..like new jobs(maybe not from the school but the rich lawyer that kid goes to that school)..I am not saying that i wouldnt send my kid to a private school..I am saying that it is not equal grounds and shouldnt be together!!

[Edited by GotGame on 3-14-03 10:32A]

Go big Red, you may be correct about the TEA and the NEA. I have nothing to do with either. Yes I am currently paying my dues but for the purposes of insurance only. I am currently looking at a Christian Education Co. to get my insurance through. The NEA have took stands on Issues this year that have made my stomach turn. I will not discuss those issue on this board however. I dont want to open that can of worms on here. As far as being a Union I dont totally agree but I dont disagree either.

My complaint is with the State Department of Tennessee. If you would like to discuss it further e-mail me at jsb7547@yahoo.com