Friendship Fans

Guest wh

Today I witnessed a very sad sight. I am a fan of women's basketball and happened to sit near the Friendship Christian fans. It was disappointing to hear the fans of the Friendship team yelling at their daughters and at the coach. In my opinion many of you lack class. Fans are invited to games to cheer but you vocalized your disappointment far more than your approval and encouragement. I feel for the players and coaches not because they lost but because of their fans.

Go Ezell!!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I AM A FAN OF WOMENS BASKETBALL.TODAY I WAS SAD BECAUSE I HEARD A MAN IN THE E SECTION BERATE COACHHES AND REFS AND PLAYERS FROM WESTMORELAND.AND THIS WAS A EZELL FAN!I GUESS USING THE PREVIOUS PERSONS LOGIC THIS WOULD MAKE ALL EZELL FANS CLASSLESS!HOW STUPID!DONT LET THE ACTIONS OF A FEW LUMP ALL IN THE SAME BOAT.I DONT!CONGRADULATIONS EZELL AND GOOD LUCK!

It is obvious from your profile that you were there to see Friendship play. I'm so sorry we as fans didn't live up to your expectations. I personally find it classless for you to air this bull on a messageboard! We support our players they have had a very rough year. You obviously are clueless to this fact . Don't show up for the last game of the season and start critisizing people who have traveled halfway around world for the last three months to support their kids! We are tired frustrated loving parents and we aren't perfect.

Guest UTBall

I was at the Friendship game to watch Friendship and I will have to agree with WH. While everyone can get caught in the heat of the moment, repeatedly yelling at the coaches and players to do what you think is best does not motivate either to perform better. I watched many games this year from Lebanon to Westmoreland to Watertown and others in between to SUPPORT the "team" win or lose. I have been a ref and a player and know that players respond better to positive cheering than negative coaching from the stands.

I feel the girls and coaches gave it their all to make it as far as they did and congratulate them for a great year!

Guest wangdang

Well lets see, I was at this game and didn't hear any of this. I did however hear several fan yell at the ref's. Now is that unusual? I suppose no team does that, duh!!!!

I have made most every game, and do not find the loyal fans acting in this way. This must have been one of those who only shows up at the BIG GAME!!!

Nevertheless, we lost to a better prepared team. Thats what its all about. Isn't it just a game?

Wangdang- how can you say that Peabody was more prepared than FCS? From where I sat, FCS' coach couldn't have gotten his team better shots than they were getting. I don't think it was him who was missing layups and free throws. Get off the coach's back. He did a good job this year- be happy your team went back to the state tournament, not many teams get a second chance. You just got very scared and out-athleted.

Guest wangdang

Well now lets see...prepared would involve alot. Yes we missed easy shots, but for example how did they handle the press? Ring any bells? Ever thought they might try that?

Seems like same song different verse? They just still weren't PREPARED to handle it. You would think that after many other teams realizing that we gave in under pressure we would work on it.

And for getting off the coaches back, it comes with the territory...I don't feel sorry for anyone, that is part of the job...if you don't like it find another occupation where someone makes you feel all warm and cozy.

As for the girls team at FCS, I think they were great. It all starts or stops at the top.

congrats to the FCS girls on a great year....for any of you critics out there saying they had a rough year, yeah they took their lumps....but the teams they lost to westmoreland (31-3), celina (27-3), ezell harding (29-6 state runner-up), FRA (26-7), and peabody (33-3 state champs) were no slouches. also, a 27-9 record is certainly nothing to be ashamed of....i know a lot of teams would take that record and a return trip to the state tournament in a heartbeat. so before anyone starts handing out criticism on how the coaches or players underacheived, just be thankful for the hard work that both the coaches and players put in this year to make this year a success.

Guest wangdang

holly17,

By the way where did you sit, sounds like on the coaches bench?

Its to bad that this board is for observations made at games, but regardless of what is said it is always taken as being negative on the coach.