IS IT DESTINY FOR GCHS TO WIN STATE???

tcross

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tcross, I agree that shot went in against Bolivar for a reason. However, the road to the Gold Ball sure doesn't get any easier. In my opinion, the first game of the state probably won't be near as tough for the Bobcats as the Bolivar game was. I am not taking anything away from Fulton, but I am giving alot of credit to Bolivar. They were an excellent team and I don't see Fulton being near as good. With that being said, I think the CATZ have the best chance, of anyone in the state, to beat Ridgeway. One thing for sure, if the CATZ come out and playe their A game from start to finish, it will be hard for anyone to handle them.

Hey rebelron, look closely at my post. I didn't say that Fulton wasn't good, it's just that everyone thought Bolivar had the best team in the state and figured on them being in the state, but they aren't. Its hard to imagine a team being any better than the Bolivar team. I have heard some good things about Fulton's coach, but he won't win the game for them. It is up to the players. Just know, IF Fulton does beat GC, I will be the first to congratulate the team. Notice the IF in that statement, it is a big IF.

[Edited by krogers on 3-13-03 9:22A]

Fulton and Giles County are too completely different teams. Comparing the two off the court is a never-ending story. You're right that while having a Caoch like Coach Wright is an EXTREMELY good advantage...it doesn't win the game. But our boys are ready and prepared to take on GC! And I know Ridgeway is a good team...but lookin that far ahead will take your mind off of the task at hand. All thatis on our minds right now is Giles County. It'll be a goooood game! Hopefully we'll get to show who we are in the Boro...and ya'll will too! We seem to be an EXTREMELY underestimated team going in...I'm hopin we'll prove some people wrong! Good Luck!

well i've seen giles play and i've played against giles, and there is no doubt in my mind they have the best team in the state if they play "their" game. after beating bolivar on a half court buzzer beater i think it is "DESTINY" that they win state. i'm behind giles all the way at least one team from our district made it. me and goldenboy will be cheerin for ya'll all the way to the championship on saturday. good luck giles co.

Mightymouse, that was an excellent post. Also, LadyCatsFan, I was just wondering if you have visited the wksr website. During Coach Holt's interview, he said that the CATZ would take it one game at a time. That is the only way to look at it. I think he will have the BOYZ ready to rumble when they walk into the Murphy Center on Thurs. I can't wait. After the "MIRACLE" against Bolivar, I seriously believe that we are meant to be in the state for one reason only, TO WIN IT ALL.

Is it destiny for Giles to win State. They haven't made it to the State Tourny in 6 to 7 years. They get the chance to go play the best in AA by a last second shot form Tristen Fletcher, to beat a team everyone said they couldn't. People doubted Giles ability to play against the wicked west despite the 29-2 record. They play an awesome game againstone of the top teams in AAA and beat them in overtime. Giles has shown a lot this year and came a long way I think it almost is destiny for us to win state, and I'm gonna be up there cheering the Catz on as they go step by step through the State tourny..