players to watch in tourney

green0404

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Players to watch for for dobyns-bennett is Henry Williams, Lamon Williams, Seth Jervis, Jarrod Wootten, and Azmar Blye.

Henry Williams is a 6'3'' guard who played his freshmen year in Bronx, NY. He is an underated young senior, suppose to be in the 11th grade but got skipped when he moved to NY cause of grades. averages around 15 a game and and has a pretty good all around game. He was also on the District 1 All-Tournament Team and the Region 1 MVP. He scored 29 points in the semi-finals and shot 7-14 from the field and 14-14 from the foul line. Not really getting recruited heavily but has got a couple of good recognition from schools like UTC, Birmingham Southern, Carson Newman, and some NAIA schools . Lamon Williamsis just a sophmore who is strong he is about 6'3''-6'4'' and benches 250. Was a sophmore all-american in football probably goin to college for football and could play bball for whatever college he chooses. Alabama, Virginia, Tennessee, and Auburn are looking at him already, His senior year he will prbably be like LeBron James, people are saying he will be an all-american in bball too. I gurantee he will average about 30 a game when he was playing jv he scored 37 points in 2 qrts. Seth Jervis a transfer is a pure shooter the second game into the season he scored 30. Before he came to DB he averaged 17 points in Virginia where he played for Appalachia H.S. Tennessee Tech, Carson Newman, LMU, and some local schools have sent him some stuff and are probably looking to recruit him. Jarrod is a 6'6'' post that is working on his gamem to probably play some perimiter if he goes to a pretty good school where they have pretty good competition. He averages about 12 points a game and hits about 60% of his shots. Also was the District 1 MVP. Azmar Blye is a pretty good 3 point shooter. Junior Year was better than senior but he had a knee injury that has limited his performance but he can score and is a smart basketball player running the point pretty strong for his size at about 5'11''-6'0'' NAIA schools are looking at him but I think he is thinking about going to a Jr. College where he can work on his game.

I've heard some people say Tyler Smith is the next closest thing to the next "Lebron James." Is this true? I find it hard to believe he's that good. I sure think it would be a shame if he left to go to Oak Hill like many say he will. I've heard it may be next year or maybe his senior year. Does anyone know. He'll get recruited just as well here in TN.

Guest whatruduin

Matt Malone of Greeneville is the best player that is going to be in the state tournament. The 6'10 250lb senior can step outside to make any shoot and can not be stopped in the paint. He will put his nuts in anyone's mouth that tries to step up and guard him. Watch out for my boy Matt and GO DEVILS!!!!!

Raiderlou, I have been to just about all of the GC games and let me say that Tyler is the real deal. As far as him being the next Labron James, we will have to wait and see. This kid is just a sophmore and has two more years to show what he can do. Tyler is about 6'6 and can move like most point guards. He handles the ball very very well and his jumping ability is awesome. Many people on another thread said that his outside game was missing, but he obviously found it in the Bolivar game. He hit 3 treys during that game. In the words of Dick V., this kid is a PT-P'er.

[Edited by krogers on 3-17-03 9:29A]

Bradley has five starters who all are good players to watch. All should play college ball someday. Hare, Pickel and Pugh should be D-I players with Suiter and Brown playing college somewhere. Since they all are juniors except Suiter(10th) they have some time to decide where. All these guys are underated cause nobody has given them any respect all year. It took them three times beating Cleveland to even move ahead of them in the polls. Watch these guys play. They may not beat Greenville but they should. The talent is there.

Look, I had to say this on another thread, but I feel it's important, so I must repeat it. Let's Not compare Tyler to LeBron James, alright? I love Tyler to death, and he is the best Sophomore in the State, and one of the best Nationally, but there is no need to put added pressure on this kid to live up to the hype of the "Greatest High School Basketball Player Ever" as James is called above the likes of Lew Alcindor, Michael Jordan, etc. Tyler has some work to do on his game, and he is level-headed enough to know that. He is a phenominal talent, and a joy to watch, and he will be a HIGH Major D-1 player. So let's leave it at that. Let's not compare him just yet as a Top 10-30 ranked Nationally Soph to James, who was 1st Team All-America any grade as a Soph, and the National player of the year as just a JR, ahead of Seniors such as Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudamire....... Let's just let Tyler be Tyler...

YES GOMABS, TYLER IS NOT AS GOOD AS JAMES. YET. BUT HE HAS ALL THE POTENIAL TO DO SO. HE IS YOUNG AND NOT AS DEVELOPED AS JAMES (PHYSICALLY). BUT, I DO BELIEVE HE HAS ALL THE MAKIN OF BEING THAT GOOD. OR YES MAYBE THAT GREAT. IF HE REALLY WORKS ON HIS GAME (LIKE MIKE DID WHEN HE CAME TO THE LEAGUE IN '85) THIS SUMMER. FREE THROW, JUMPER AND AVOID FOUL TROUBLE. HE WILL AVERAGE AT LEAST 30 GAME. AND HE WILL BE PLACE AMONG ONE OF THE GREATEST BBALL PLAYER IN THE GAME. BESIDES, OUTSIDE OF WINNING, WOULDNT YOU THINK THATS WHAT A BASKETBALL PLAYER MINDSET IS TO BE THE GREATEST BASKETBALL PLAYER. BASKETBALL IS 90% MENTAL ISNT IT?

FOR PLAYERS TO WATCH IN THE TOURNEY. I WILL BET ON THURSDAY MOURNING THEIR WILL BE MANY SCOUTS, COACH, FANS AND FAMILY AT THE GAME TO SEE TSMITH DO WHAT HE DOES BEST. AND THAT IS TO PLAY ABOVE THE RIM AND MAKE NO LOOK PASSES ( LIKE HIS BIG CUZ DO AT THE REC) :rolleyes::)