Thank you Westview Lady Chargers

TheWarden

Thank you for providing Weakley Co. with another in a long line of very talented girls basketball teams.

Good job to Coach McMillian, his staff, and the class shown by the fans of Martin.

A special thanks goes out to all of the parents, especially those of the five seniors, for dragging them to practice and instilling in them a positive work ethic and a desire not to quit when adversity struck.

Also, thank you for showing that West Tennessee Basketball can play. Your march to the state championship game proved that there is no such thing as a weak schedule in West Tennessee. A few things go the other way, and you ladies are state champs. You ran into a very good Jackson Co. team and made it tough on them to become a 4 time champion.

Just do us all a favor, make sure they don't make it 5!!!! :D

Well said Warden, a good mark for you...it has been a pleasure to watch these young ladies over the past several years grow into beautiful young women...ya'll will look back one day and see what all ya'll accomplished, some are sad right now, but there are thousands of girls who would love to be in your shoes, playing the last day of the year. There is no shame in losing to a team like Jackson County. Great job girls, excuse me, ladies.....

It has also been a great ride for the coaching staff this year, what a job getting those ladies to the title game with all the adversity they went thru this year. My hat is off to Kevin, Paige, and the Hitman on a fantastic run. We, at Westview, are spoiled to have such fantastic teachers of the game, and that goes for all sports.

Great job, and I look forward to doing it again soon.....

To the 5 seniors: Kendall, Meghan, Christie, Selena, and Amanda....great job, ya'll have set the standard high for the future classes, and remember....there are no losers when you are there at the end on the last day playing for a title.

With pleasure....GET UP 'VIEW

By the way.....250 days till the next game :)

I'm certainly not one to bash Westview's girls, but I think next year will not be near the year this year was. I'd hope we'll have a team in Murfreesboro from Weakley County, but I think Westview will not be it. They'll be good in a couple of years though. Well, they'll be good next year, just not State Champions material. I could be wrong, as I'd like to be. So, prove me wrong.

The only starter back is Amy Brundige. BUT - Junior Ashley Farrell saw alot of playing time (named to the All-Tourney team at the 'Boro), as did Freshman Latoya Bellamy.

They've got a very solid group falling in for next season. Their freshmen point guard hit the last shot of the Westview/Ridgeway game.

After a summer of camp and AAU, they will fill the shoes of the seniors very well.