Anderson County Girls Job

Guest Backup

Guest Backup

I would like to know how the search is going for a new girls head coach is going at Anderson County?

I hope they go out and get someone experience and is proven at a state level. The girls programs at AC have been and should continue to be really strong in all sports. Great female athletes in every sport and the future athletic talent look even better.

Don't settle for inexperience this time.

Guest LukeDukeKnows

The job has been given to Assistant and Freshman Coach Mike Ellis on an interim basis until July. If I am thinking and heard correctly, the administration will not hire a new head coach until July. Hope this helps clear the air a bit.

Guest Backup

Why wait until July? I though schools had camps and other things to attend during the June and July summer seasons. Why wait. Will this not put them behind once again.

Guest HokeyPokey

I hate to compliment Carson, but AC has been on a downward spiral since he left the program! Carson was a good coach who got the most out of his players. Why not hire someone who is young and energetic. Someone looking to build a program. Someone who can be a strong leader and take the program in the right direction. I think in most situations an assistant, with little experience, is not the best choice. It sure hurt Green that she had never been a head coach util the AC job and now, unfortunately, she is out on the street searcing for a coaching position with Steve Lavin.

If the parents would stay out of a coaches way and let a coach do his/her coaching then schools wouldn't have so many problems with coaches leaving. If a coach does cross a line with some form of abuse then yes a parent should intervene but all this junk about "my kid should be playing more because......" well get over it, not all kids are super athletes.