Monterey Softball

xplay20

I thought that the teams were awarded a regular season championship and/or tournament championship. At least I think RBS got something like that the past few years. Maybe that's just how they write it up in the newspapers. I've slept a few times since last year. After a year is gone and another creeps up, some things just seem fuzzy and not as exciting until the next season rolls around.

The tournament is the ultimate win though, since that is what determines which teams move on to regional play.

Did 2nd and 3rd place teams have to play each other and 4th and 5th place teams play each other in the tournament? Why is that done in softball but not basketball? It seems like getting 2nd or 3rd has no incentive to it.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you are right crazy volfan thats how they played the bracket last year...go figure.... but do think i stood corrected when questioning it last year...and tiger 80 dont believe xplay was claiming the championship as a whole as a matter of fact he did mention "one more win"... and monterey girls know they got to take care of there business before anything can be claimed.if they can pull it off and win it those girls have earned every bit the right to call themselves reg. season champs , ever since i ve been around ball when theres a regular season and post season theres a reg season champ and post season champ.....and our girls in monterey like im sure all the teams in our district want the post season reign most of all...goodluck tomorrow lady cats!

Monterey wins over Hermitage Springs 12-3. Montrery played a great game. Once again good job girls. :) One thing I have to admit HS has got to be the best sport in the district win or lose. On the other hand reg season, Distict Tourney, Region Tourney, Sub state does not matter. Winning the state Championship is the only thing that counts if you want to get technical about the situation. Our girls had a great regular season and we the people from Monterey a very proud of them. Our bracket system stinks for the district tourney. 1st gets a 1st round bye 2nd vs 3rd, 4th vs 5th. Teams play regular season to be seeded higher in the bracket. Makes no sense to me why they do it this way!

[Edited by xplay20 on 5-1-03 8:49P]

Congrats Cats!

Sorry our girls didn't give you all a more exciting game. We had the same problems we've been having lately. No offense, too many errors.

Good luck in the tournament next week! We'll see you all there!

Hey, if you go on to regional, which I really feel that you will because you all seem to have it gear, good luck and take it all the way to Memphis!

I thankyou and i know the girls thank you.........crazy volfan........ sure hope we get to play tourney but looking doubtful....dont like to see them going so long with out playing either...but cant help the rain ..i guess... like to compliment your girls who played tough all season..hopefully one thats not over yet..they showed great sportsman ship... :D

Everyone in Monterey is proud of you guys. You guys are young and good and that is a pretty good combination for going into next year.

I only got to see a handful of games but you guys won all of them. you played hard and had fun and that is the two things that counts. Good luck to Brooke hope you get the chance to go somewhere and pitch if you want to. Good luck to all the seniors as well. :ph34r::)

m.p