Lewis County Beats Fairview 4-1

NECK22GUNS

The Lewis County Panthers ruined Fairview's 10-0 winning streak. The Panthers came out ready to play with Fairview coming in with their shirt-tails hanging out and talking to their girlfriends. Lewis County was just more ready in this matchup. The score was 4-1 leaving Fairview in a 10-1 spot. Goldengirl came through with a big hit to get the rally started. He stole a base but on a passed ball. Fairview is a good ball team but they didn't come to play today or at least that's what it seemed like to me. The Panthers get a visit from the Hampshire Hawks in front of the entire student body Thursday at 1:00. Hope to see everyone there and good luck to Hampshire.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we didnt come to play... i think we were all still enjoying monday's win against giles county... we were just not in the mood to play and lewis was and they got the win. i think we were enjoying spring break too much b/c we missed several opportunities and didnt hit the ball well... congrats lewis yall came out ready to play and got the W. we now have to get it together and play a lot better against marshall county next monday!!!!

We played as a team today and with a lot of Heart. Like that wuss NECK22GUNS said, we came ready to play today and they didn't. Fairview is a good team though, I'll give them that, they never quit. Rat pitched a heck of a game and only had to run 4 foul poles because of it. lol I wish I could take credit for starting the rally but everybody knows Keith Sweat lead that inning off with a single to get it going. Then Chad "Shawty" Street did his job by bunting Sweat's pinch runner Zac "Chavez" Chapin over to 2nd base. Tim "T-Dub" Watson came up after that with Chavez on 3rd after a stolen base and hit the ball right over the drawn in infield to put us up 2-1. Next Johnny "Browny" Mendez got a single giving us runners at 1st and 2nd. Then came my single driving T-Dub in. Johnny stole home to get us our 4th run. And yes I did steal 3rd, that's my 3rd stolen base of the year, and on all of them Johnny has stolen home in front of me, Coincidence.....I think not. lol Well anyway it was a great game with both teams playing good. Where are you from GotGame? This game was tough for many of us to play though, with Jon on our minds. This victory is dedicated to our boy Jon Lavett, we all hope you get better Jon.

GotGame I appreciate your opinion and you're entitled to it, but like you said enjoy the victory, so let us enjoy it and don't dog us because we won. I agree Goldenboy this one does go out to Jon. Just to let you know the doctor's like the results they're getting from his tests. Get better soon Jon.

If you watched any of the Lewis Co. basketball games, Jon was #1. He was one of the better players on the team. He was all district and tournament. Monday night he was involved in a very serious car accident. He was ejected out of the vehicle and thrown a good ways. He was life flighted to Vanderbilt where he has been unconcious most of the time. The injury was life threatening. His brain has swelled and and has bled for a good while now. The Doctors said today that the bleeding has finally stopped in his brain and that is good and he will probably be ok, refering to life or death, but he is very very beat up and injured and who knows what else will happen. It has been very scary the past 2 days knowing whether he would make it or not but the docs have said he will eventually. He is still for the most part out of it, but he is responding to some things. Every one needs to remember him and keep him in our prayers. He will be on a very long road to recovery.

[Edited by RoyDMercer on 3-25-03 11:58P]

great job lewis co, you handed it to us today. i hate to lose a district game but i think that is what our team needed so they see we have alot of work to do before we become a great team, right now we are good. you guys played solid defense and got timely hitting. was that your ace you pitched yesterday? but lewis co. you guys played great fundamental baseball and sent us home packing with our first L of the year. but now we see what we have to do and we have to get ready from marshall come monday. good luck the rest of the year.