Region 1-5A thoughts

tlove13

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think that without question jeff co. will be the team to beat in the big east....i think they will win the conference....(Houston and Jennings) enough said....then i think DB will be second b/c they don't have any experience at quarterback and they lost mcmillan....i know they have williams but he's not their whole ball club.....Then it will be a toss-up between Science Hill, Sevier Co, and Knox Bearden for third place...Science Hill has an experienced QB in Joslin, he won a playoff game his sophomore year when Hamilton had a concussion....They also have Barcel and Patton....they will struggle at running back though....As for Karns and Cambell County....who ever wins the last game of the year between the two will get their only conference victory!

Jeff. County is definitely on the rise, but I just don't see them unseating DB this year. If I remember correctly, the last few times that DB has not had any experience at quarterback they have gone to the state semis. What you have to understand CMoore is that we don't rebuild, we just reload. DB still runs the show in Region 1. Roll Tribe

right now it is too early to be debating on who is the best...spring practice for some hasn't even started...all i am saying is it will be jeff co. and DB #1 and #2....i have to admit db does a pretty good job at filling in qb's year in and year out...the most consistent one they've had is butler...right now he is trying to start for etsu...you know he's got a shot, because hamilton is just like spurrier he plays atleast 2 or 3...

don't know how much it is worth but i watched jeff's sr's destroy DB 30-0 when they were freshman. the score could have been worse. why do i think this might mean something? well, jeff's freshman team hadn't beat DB's since they started playing in 94. furthermore, DB's jr's only beat jeff 8-7 when they were freshman--williams on a long td pass and a wade for the 2pt conversion. jeff might have DB's number for the next 2 years. :D

Freshman football doesn't mean crap. My freshman year we played Upton and it was a close game. Our senior year it was a massacre when we played them. South beat us in freshman football that year and we beat them 35-0 my last year. every year since I was a freshman (8 years ago), I've heard that the present class of JEff County freshmen were going to return them to the days of the Collins. Haven't seen it happen yet.

oh, but you will. DB#99, i remember when you all played jeff your fr. year. the game was close for about 2 & 1/2 qtrs. the final was 27-7. upton took a pitch to the left side and ran for a 75 yard score--jeff led 7-0. however, that was all jeff had. this year is quite different. they have several skill players (jennings#6, houston#5, brown#9, and clement#7)that are capable of making big plays. in addition, when you was a sr, you had an excellent jr. class behind you--they beat jeff 41-0 when they were fr. my point, jeff's sr. class is much more talented than DB's and the jr. classes are even, saving for lamon williams. the reign is over. just like President Bush said today, "each day we are moving closer to victory." likewise, with each passing day jeff is getting closer to the day of reckoning with a team that has been a thorn in their side for ten yrs.