Caesar's Back!

"I didn't know that a further watering down of the system was proposed, i.e.: DII-1A, DII-2A, DII-3A, DI-1A, DI-2A, DI-3A, DI-4A, DI-1A w/ good coaches. DI-1A w/ average coaches, DI-1A w/ good coaches but poor fan support,DI-2A but almost big enough to be 3A, etc..."

That does nothing to add to the debate, the last four "classes."

A team like Boyd-Buchanan in football would probably want to schedule one of the few small schools around that could give a decent game, like South Pittsburg, for the same reason they went to Nashville and Oliver Springs for non-region games. If Chattanooga Christian, Boyd-Buchanan, Grace, Temple, maybe Silverdale and Brainerd Baptist are in a basketball region they will still need non-district games. It would be petty for them not to play Lookout Valley or Sale Creek and go out of town for private school non-district games. Even if they can't play, there are enough public schools around Chattanooga in A and AA to have full schedules or each other. And a district tournament, hosting a substat would help make up for any money lost from playing them if the privates decided to be petty.

I dont see Temple playing McCallie and Baylor. there should be two classes in Division II basketball. There would be more than enough teams to do so, and you wouldn't have to have St. Andrew's Sewanee playing Father Ryan and Brentwood Academy. Division II large could have 3 regions with Notre Dame, McCallie and Baylor being the local one. Division II small, 5 or 6 with Knoxville, Chattanooga, midstate, 1 or 2 Nashville, Jackson and Memphis.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I guess everyone draws the line somewhere. Usually where it will most benefit the team they are for.

Some say it's not fair for A schools to regularly compete against AAAAA.

Some say it's not fair for DI schools to compete against DII.

Some say it is not fair for DI privates to compete against A public schools.

And then there is the open/closed zone argument.

Sounds to me like everyone is guilty of a certain amount of whining except for the poster (can't remember who without going back and looking) who says put everyone together and winner take all.