Livingston Academy

Guest Keeper21

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LA may have a good defense against teams like Mt. Juliet Chr., Smith Co., York, or Friendship Chr. (1 or 2 wins between all four teams), but I am sorry to say their defense couldn't stop Ridgeway (Memphis), Chattanooga Chr., Lenior City, etc. Ridgeway lost to the #2 AAA team in the state 1-0 (Bearden) earlier this season. To start getting the respect you desire, then you need to start playing the better A-AA-AAA teams in the state, not playing your district teams twice each season, and weaker AAA teams. Your record may be good, but your not going to improve much by playing the teams you know you are better than. I am not trying to slam LA soccer, I just think to get better you need to branch out and play tougher competition even though your record may not be the best. :confused:

One positive note is maybe five teams in the state (non-private) could beat Ridgeway (Farragut, Bearden, Clarksville, Brentwood and Gtown Houston). LA soccer has been improving each year and if their youth leagues can continue as they have in the past, then maybe LA too will become a feared team in A-AA. :D:D:D

The reason they play each team in the district twice is because right now they have to do so. With seven teams in the confernce and playing each one twice, it does not leave alot of opprotunity to play other more competitive teams. Blame that on the coaches in the confernce not on LA. It would be great to play each team in the conference once and be able to play the top teams. Maybe its time for the confernce to get its act together and make some changes.

Well said ThomasJ. I wasn't blaming LA players for their district schedule. I think the coaches are to blame for the home-away district games. That system leaves you with one game to play other teams in your area or higher ranked A-AA teams. Maybe some of the coaches know if they played their district teams only once, then their record would be at best 8-7 or 7-8. :confused: That team would probably be LA, because you are the best team in your district. Every other team might win 3 or 4 games the entire season if they are lucky. ;)

Personally some teams would be jumping for joy with an 8-7 record, because they have such a brutal district schedule even if they only play each team once. A perfect example is Lebanon and White County in 7AAA. For years Lebanon and WC have been the perennial dormats of their district for Oakland, Riverdale, Cookeville, and Warren Co. plus a new team Blackman (the best team in the district this year); however, with youth programs growing in WC and Lebanon they will eventually compete for district titles. Another perennial dormat is in 11AAA: Spring Hill and Hillwood. Not saying they aren't decent teams, but look who you have to play each season (Brentwood #4 in AAA, Franklin #9 in AAA and Centennial). 95% of the teams in the state would automatically have three loses. Just imagine if you played them twice each regular season and had to play one again in the district tournament. OUCH!!!! There are 7 losses automatically for the season.

Talk to the coach and see if they can't vote a new schedule for next year. Good luck!!

Guest Keeper21

I just have one thing to say we as a team will be looking forward to playing you guys in state. That is if you guys even make considering you have already lost one game! An to think you season is not even half of the way over wait it could be if you don't make it to state.

what would you say if they didn't score on this keeper would you want to have a shot at it like they have?? :):)

I'm sorry but I saw that LA said that they have had shutouts in every game this year. I beg to differ! Did LA not scrimmage White County at the beginning and White County scored on them three times in regulation and then another four times in the shootout afterwards. So don't think that you are some invincible superman. You can and you will be scored on! Oh, but I'm sorry you're district is so weak that you probably won't be because of the low level of talent in your district. They should just hand LA the district title every year. Nobody in that conference can even come close to giving you a game!!!

Guest Keeper21

It might actually help if you would tell me when your openings are. I'm not going to promise anything because it is not really up to me so.. An what is up with the White County thing they are not even in our district and it was also at the first of the season considering we only praticed for like a week. You know we did play Cookeville why don't you talk about them mabe because they didn't score on me. They did score don't get me wrong 2 goals to be exact but, you know that is not that bad considering that they are a 5-a school. Even though they don't have the talent they have had in the past.

The key word is scrimage. It was 3 to 3 against white co. They also played CPA in a 7 v7 to a 1 to 1 tie. But all of that is preseason and does not mean any thing. The only real important thing is the post season (tournament time) The regular season is just seeding and warm ups for the big dance. THE TOURNAMENT!!!