Who runs the middle schoole program in Nashville?

CHSCOACH

You need to contact Dr. Matt Gorham III. I don't have his telephone number but it should be in the book. Dr. Gorham is the head coach of the Nashville Catholic program and should be able to get your team in the Middle Tennessee Wrestling Accociation.

cbq------I thought Matt was the Harding Academy Coach. But maybe he is doing that part time and then coaching NCW after the HVAC season is over in early Dec. The reason I ask is that Harding, through Matt's efforts, sponsored a pretty good one day pre season clinic put on by Army Coach Chuck Barbee last September-----Barbee even brought some kid named Simpson, who seemed to be pretty good, with him. I was told that Matt was going to try to put it together with Barbee at Harding again this fall-----rumor has it the Simpson kid might be returning as an All-American.

Matt is actually coaching in the HVAC league.

Get in touch with the Mt Juliet middle school coach Jeremy whatshisname. His name should be on the middle school coaches list on the Tenn Wreslting Federation website. That is a pretty competitive bunch. Rumor has it that TSSAA is ready to form a Middle TN Middle School league in wrestling. That would merge about three of the current leagues and create a Middle TN Middle School Champ.

More later.

reftn

Dr. Gorham coached both the Harding team and Nashville Catholic last season. I don't know if he is going to do Harding in the future. What I do know is that Dr. Gorham would be the lead person for the conference due to Jeremy (Mt. Juliet) leaving the coaching ranks for adminstration.

A couple of things: 1) I talked to Jeremy the other day and he is going to take a year off and explore administration, maybe as a principal. Hate to lose him as a coach, but he promised to stay involved. He's the type of guy we need coaching but as a wrestling friendly principal he could also do some good. 2) I talked to Coach Barbee and the camp is a go. It will be September/October. Final date will be decided in a month or so and depends on the Worlds and Phillip's and Patrick's schedule. He plans on bringing his new assistants too. 3) Not sure who "runs" the middle school wrestling in Nashville. I'd

consider MBA's Ed McBride the lead in the HVAC (speaking of HVAC, wonder who will run Ensworth's middle school now that Coach Chanaca has accepted the high school history position, and, will he coach wrestling at the high school). The MTWA is sort of run by committee. I considered Jeremy Willis very influential and he will be missed. We are looking to expand a bit, however, so if anyone is interested in joining, let me know. Not sure who is involved with the "city" teams. I'd like to hear more from reftn about unification though.

[Edited by bkpres on 4-10-03 9:25P]

Guest Gladiator1

Coach Wigginton at J.T. Moore has won the Nashville City Championship several times over the last few years. Coach Resha at Litton has placed second almost every year for the past 7 years or so. Watch out for the Gra-Mar Gladiators. They will feed Maplewood with some good wrestlers over the next few years.