Request for prayer...

KevB1990

all the east-west hype gets put on hold when a fellow athlete gets hurt! God Bless he and his family, and this bartlett baseball player will be praying for him until it is known that everything is fine! Really brings things into perspective for ya! "Play every game like it is your last!" And i pray that if he wishes to continue in sports he is able!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt has been moved from the Trauma Center to a room on the fifth floor. Praise the Lord!

I talked with his dad for a few minutes at church this morning and he's doing fine. The docs have taken out the nasal line because he was fighting it.

Some of the kids in the youth ministry at church went to visit him today. He was playing a prank on one of them! Nothing elaborate mind you, but just enough to let everyone know he's doing well. :(

Matt is doing very well considering what all he went through.

When I arrived at the hospital, he was fixing to do some therapy. He walked up a set up 3 steps at the end of the corridor and then walked, on crutches, from there back to his room. He's not able to put and weight on his left leg, but he's doing just wonderfully! The docs are going to send him home for home healthcare by the end of the week. He'll still have two months of recovery time, but at least he'll be out of the hospital. Praise the Lord!

The oral surgeon told his mom that if his jaw had been driven an inch or two higher, he would have sustained massive head trauma. The Lord surely watched over his own.

Thanks from the family and the community for all the prayers offered up for Matt's recovery.

[Edited by KevB1990 on 4-10-03 11:08A]

Thought everyone would like to know that Matt was at church this morning for the first time since the accident. I saw him on Thursday when I took a timetable of fall classes at Walters State to him and one thing he said was, "I'm going to be at church if I can on Sunday."

What a testimony! He may or may not be able to go to his Senior Prom, but he wanted to be in the Lord's house on the most significant day of the year for Christians.

About his recovery, the docs have been impressed with his progress and have moved the timetable for him being close to 100% up from months to weeks.

Praise the Lord! :)