Carmello Anthony or Lebron James?

Theanswer

i am probably as big of a syracuse fan as there is in tennessee and syracuse basketball is one of the few things i think i know as well as anyone, or at least other high school students. my information is based on syracuse newspaper articles, syracuse fan sites, espn and other national sports websites and watching most games this season...

-anthony is all of 240, he has bulked up significantly since meeting lebron in high school. the reason no one in college could guard him is because he's the size of most d-1 power fowards with the skills of an nba 3. he averaged 10 boards playing the 3

-anthony has said multiple times he would like to come back. another plus is he was raised well. unlike lebron james psychotic mother anthony's is encouraging him to get an education, even though she lives in one of the roughest parts of america in baltimore projects (forget the neighborhood's name). don't be shocked if he is back

-even if anthony leaves 'cuse is a top 15 team next year. hakim warrick will have a break out season and be one of the top forwards in the country (averaged 15 and 9 this year, 6 8 with 7 wingspan 35" verticle) and gery mcnamera is a top 20 pg or sg, both could easily be first round picks after their seniors years (warrick 2005, gmac 2006)

-now comparing the two i watched both lebron james games on espn2 and read countless scouting reports and anthony's shot is a little better. however james appears to be a better leaper and certainly has a better handle and court vision, though anthony did have a career-high 7 assist monday. i would take lebron though because he is more of a raw talent and will bring in the crowds and revenue as said earlier. i think melo is more of a sure thing and will contribute sooner but there is slightly more potential in james. both should be great players.

-and as a side note, as a syracuse fan i speak for most saying anthony has been a blessing even if he does only stay for one year.

[Edited by chs05 on 4-9-03 8:59P]

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anthony did beat seniors, but what does that matter since none of those seniors are going to even be average NBA players, Most or all most all will not be in the NBA...However, the high schoolers l.j. has been killin all year will all eventually be D1 ballers! So what is the big difference! There is a reason why those seniors are still in school, the reason being not good enough for the NBA. We have to be honest most players that are good enough will not become college seniors! Proof look at your last two NBA Drafts only shane Battier has been taken early.

p.s. Anthony will run into other 6'8 or taller 3's in the league that are a lot quicker and athletic...ex K.G., How many people will be more athletic than James!

[Edited by apsugov7 on 4-10-03 11:22A]

Lebron James is without question possibly the best high school player of all time.

Anthony is tough, but Lebron is head and shoulder above him. Lebron can play all five positions, he can shoot from 30 feeet, he can play inside, he can dribble like a PG, He passes like magic, and he leads his team.

Anthony has some of those attributes, but Lebron has them all and is better at them.

This is not even close.

hey lets keep some of this within reason. Lebron will not play 5 positions in the NBA at 6'8". He will not play center or power forward only the 1,2, or 3. Carmelo will play the 2 and 3.

As far as Carmelo not playing against future NBA players. Thats funny.

Two names alone in the championship game will be in the NBA, Hinrich and Collison.

all i am asking is to be realistic. which it has been for the most part.

I will not go down the list of college teams that Carmelo has played that will have future NBA players, you will be embarassed. Please rethink that statement apsugov.

I didn't say those two from kansas wasn't going to be drafted. The key words there was GOOD NBA players those two will always be the 11, 10th men on the roster. At best they will be average NBA players! Collison reminds me of Michael Bradley from Villanova(now with the rapters) rarely plays on a team with not much depth down low.

Guest proballer72

i don't know if you saw the highlights of anthony and james playing head to head last year, but anthony made like a bus driver and took james to school.

i find it interesting you think lebron is playing against tougher competition. first of all carmelo played a national schedule with oak hill, just like james is playing, his senior year. and regardless of the "pro" potential, guys like mike sweentney, matt carrol, ricky paulding, and nick collison are all tougher competition NOW than charlie villanueuva, loul deng, or ndubi ebi (all-american seniors). that arguement for lebron is not a good one. and no his outside range is not better than 'melo's. both shoot the 3 well, but neither great.