Briarcrest Bball

tpd8486

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and...?

I know that BCS basketball has the potential to be a very good team next year. Losing no starters ( I think ) and only maybe 1-2 seniors, and having a very talented sophomore class, they should be exciting to watch and tough to play against. Trey Lampkin, Brandon Berry, Brian Moffit, Ross Tapley, Big Mike, Patrick Spach, and Co. are all very good basketball players. Their soph. class next year will be shakey unless some new players come in. Moffit is a tough guy to play against. The only thing about this team in my opinion is their intensity. It seems to flicker and they are inconsistent in giving it all on the floor. Of course, I won't be able to cheer for these guys b/c I have another team in their district that I cheer for, but I won't put them down, nor try to hype them up until season starts up. I will say however, that they should not have gone to Regionals ahead of Harding but they did it and Harding had two tough losses to State Champs Lausanne ( a(very close game that we could have won ) and a Charles Hampton lead Bishop Byrne team. Does anyone have any expectations for Harding next year? I know they lost three of their top players and will be very young, small, and not very deep but I still think they will be a very good team. With Froedden coaching them, they are bound to exceed expectations and should be a very tight-knit team. Anyone else think anything about any D2 east teams?

What do you mean Harding will exceed expectations next year? O'h you mean like they did this year. The team from this past season was loaded with talent and didn't get it done and you think they will exceed next year. From what I hear they lose most of their talent and young players are transfering out. I beleive their names are Alexander and Taylor. Whats the deal with people leaving the school? But from what I heard about whats going on over there I would leave to.

Nope. No state champs this year. Who knows, anything can happen but I've learned that you can't call anything before playoffs come. I'll admit, I was sure Harding could go to state last year but things happen and they didn't but thats life. A couple of players may be leaving but no one will know for sure untill next year unless the players themselves say they won't. Harding will have to overcome tremendous odds to be successful next year but if you look at teams Coach Froedden has had before( except for last year) talent hasn't been abundant but he has managed to be successful nonetheless. He is a great coach and most of the kids that don't play just can't handle criticism, which is the strongest way to get players better. He's not mean, he just wants a good team which is his job. But I won't shout out any obsurd preseason predictions b/c anything can happen. I mean BCS did go to Regionals so...

~~~But from what I heard about whats going on over there I would leave to. ~~~

tcompton-

what exactly have you heard that would make players want to leave? if kids leave its usually cuz they cant take the heat or argue over playing time. i know coach froedden probably wouldnt tell a kid what he wants to hear, but what he needs to hear to get better. he won't baby the kids into staying. he coaches the kids hes got and does a tremendous job at it. they enjoy working hard for him and he does whats needed for them to win. the talent pool isnt tremendously deep like BCS and other schools but they do play hard which gets them along. a lot of last years problems were team chemistry it looked like. alot of the guys looked to want to look good instead of getting the Win. hopefully, without any superstars next year, the harding kids will get along and play great team ball, which is what wins games.

[Edited by lionfans50 on 4-10-03 7:59P]

Yeah, and Andrew Park uses two screen names to try and back himself up. Notice the 50 in mofototo and lionfans. It's the same guy, trust me. Don't listen to him, he doesn't know what he's saying. Trust me, Andrew, you ain't cool for using two screen names, or even talking up storm about Harding being state material.