unaka softball

districtted

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unaka has always been the team to beat in their conference, and I think this year won't be any different from the rest. However, they are going to have their hands full with University High. UH has improved a lot, and they got a good young pitcher in McVeigh. But, if tradition repeats itself then Unaka will be walking away with it all.

First off his name is Ronnie, not Ronald. And I think they are both even. Sure UH came out stronger in the 1st game and won, it was a big win for them. But last year the same thing happened. Unaka lost to them @ UH by one point (mainly due to mental mistakes, and thats what happened in this past game). But they came back & beat them the other 4 times they faced each other after that. Won the conference, district, regional and shy of one game advancing to the state tournament. I think the next time they face each other, it will be a brawl. Unaka will give them a fight.

The Ronald reference was just for fun.....no slight to him because he is an outstanding coach, and a great recruiter. Being a good recruiter is important at the Class A level. Getting Musick and Heaton from Elizabethton will help his program immensely.

Oh, by the way, recruiting is against TSSAA rules.

And UH will beat Unaka every time they play this season. Just a prediction.

What's this about bashing Unaka? And about Musick & Heaton coming to Unaka, I believe they decided to come on their own. Coach Hicks did no recruiting, he is a smart man and he wouldn't be going against any TWSWA rules. I don't know why exactly those girls wanted to come to Unaka, could be of the great softball program we've always had, maybe they knew at Elizabethton they couldn't get that. :rolleyes: ...But as far as your prediction, you never know what this season will bring.

I was refering to Hayseeds post, something about you bashing Unaka sports. I don't know your so called "facts" or whatever, or who you heard them from. Stuff gets started so quickly and more junk is added on to it you don't know what the truth is, besides it don't really matter to me. But as for the 2003 season, it's untelling who is going to walk away with it all. I think UH and Unaka is evenly matched. However I do think Unaka is going to have to work hard, they lost some key players from last yr but they are good at rebuilding. But like I once stated, if they stick with tradition it will help carry them through. :rolleyes: