unaka softball

districtted

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bare with me while I correct myself one more time...The District 1A games will be rescheduled for the 6th (tomorrow). The times are UH vs. Cloudland at 4:30 & Unaka vs. North Greene at 6:00. They're still being played at Unaka High School. Thanks for your patience with me!

Just bumpin this back up to the top :o ... The District 1A games have been rescheduled once again for the same times at the same place on Wednesday the 7th. Hopefully we'll be able to play District Tourneys. If not, the Lady Rangers will have to travel on Monday to Jellico! :o

For everyone's information...the tourney was canelled because of TSSAA. They gave us a deadline to have the tourney finished by Friday afternoon. ALL of the coaches decided on it and thought it would be best to just leave things the way they were. So you should be asking yourself...Was it that the Lady Rangers didn't want any more of UH? Or could UH not handle another battle with the Lady Rangers?

Analyzer, I agree with you. I mean I know that it rained pretty much everyday this week, but on Monday or Wednesday they could have had the games. Unaka has a good softball field and even with rain, they could have tried to get some games in. If this was TSSAA making this decision I think it's pretty stupid. What about North Greene or Cloudland? They didn't even get a chance to fight their battles and see what they would come in. Same as for Unaka and UH, they could have had another battle and Unaka could have came in top this time. Maybe the coaches thought this would be an easy thing to do and junk but I know if I was North Greene's coach, or even UH or Ronnie Hicks, I would have want to played. I don't see the fairness in it really. And I don't see why the TSSAA would give AAA & AA up until Saturday to finish their games, but not lil single A??? It's just messed up, but oh well there is nothing I can do. :unsure:

That is true, Analyzer. I didn't mean for it to sound as if I were bashing you or anything. But Coach Hicks decided to call off the games on Monday and Tuesday becasue of rain. BUT he had to call Cloudland and UH at 11:30 on both days becasue they played the first game. And at 11:30, it was raining. My teamates and I were upset because we didn't get to play. But there's always next year.