soccer scores

Yankee0697

Hey Finhead, nobody was bragging about Columbia beating you guys. We were just submitting scores like the thread asked for. As for you being so full of yourself, you only make yourself look bad. As for calling your coach an idiot I suspect your j.v. goalie may be playing more than you suspected.

Hey Finhead, how can you say we were lucky. You were working and didnt see the game. If it means anything to you we were missing a few of our players also. Ive read alot of your messages and you seem to have an ego problem. A goalkeeper should not always blame others. He should be a leader and accept responsibility and part of the blame for his teams failures. We beat you guys last year and we were told we were lucky then too.

Hey i get what you guys are saying and I'm don't have an ego problem at all even though i know it might seem that i might. I'm sorry that i came off like that. I wasn't trying to dogg on your team or anything i heard it was an even game even though we didn't put any pressure on your keeper to score. I wss just referring to the goals that were scored, not the overall play of the game. Also, I'm not used to having to make save after save because of the breakdown of the defense and that's why i get kinda frustated with my D. But i hear what you guys are saying and i wanna thank you guys for kinda making me realize how i was coming off in my posts. Again I apologize.

OK, this arguing is ridiculous, so let me try to set it straight-- No, our starting goalie was not at the game, but when he is, he always puts the blame on himself for a loss, no matter who's to blame. He does not have an, "ego problem," although I can see how it might sometimes be perceived that way.

Our team, while having carried many talented players in the past, has never made it out of Region. Certainly, this is not because we were incapable of ever beating Brentwood or Franklin, but rather because of poor decision-making on our coach's part. When he took the job, he had never played soccer, and knew nothing about the game. I can only assume he took the job for the money, because his ineffective tactics and ignorance of several rules do not indicate the love for the game that most of us share.

So, yes, we played a bad game and Columbia won; I'll not make any excuses for that because I can recognize what we need to improve upon.

To Columbia, you played a good game. I do not know where the posts are that I was told showed some of your players bragging, but I'm sure they were misinterpreted.

I have been a travel or rec coach for the past 12 years. I am the father of the Columbia Central keeper. (Bryan Cartmell) I think that bad mouthing your coach and calling him an idiot is both wrong and disrespectful. Whether he is doing it for the money or not, the fact is he is doing it. Without him you might not have a soccer program. You need to work with him and not against him. There are many schools without soccer teams. You are not the only school with a coach that has limited knowledge of the game. Soccer is not like baseball, football or basketball where the coach is very adept at the game. I played soccer in the 70's in New Jersey. My coach, Eugene Chyzowych is still coaching this team today. He is the winningest high school coach in the country. He was one of the pioneers in promoting soccer in the US. (Its all on the internet) Not every school is that lucky. Sometimes there are talented coaches coaching untalented teams and vise versa. But bad mouthing your coach is not the answer.

If you'll notice, I have not called my coach an idiot; I have, however, pointed out that he lacks an understanding of the game. He's been coaching soccer at our school since the early- to mid-80s, and has learned only one formation and one way to play-- the longball. No decent team plays the longball, but he will insist that all the great English Premier League teams do it, and will not have his team play any other way, regardless of our suggestions. With that amount of time spent on the game, and the amount of talent that he's had come through, what's his excuse for not learning? How can a team be expected to work with a man that brushes off all input. It's incredibly frustrating to know exactly what you can do to improve your team, but cannot because your coach refuses to budge from his routine.

As for him being the only option, I can think of two other coaches at our school that would take the job. I know this because I have spoken to them regarding the issue after expecting our coach to retire (he has been saying he will since my sophomore year).

Now, I'm not saying that our loses are his fault, but when you've got the level of talent we've had in the past, and can never get out of your Region, the coach has to be looked at.