Best Thrower-Inners

Irish17

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know the physics of why a spinning ball seems to achieve greater velocity and distance, but it seems to. A spinning ball is harder to control but on this type of throw-in no one is looking for control. The key to these throws is rapid pace and a quick, last second, redirection of the pace in a, hopefully, offensive direction. The reason Britton and Bryan are so dangerous as throwers is they don't use them in the offensive third simply as a restart opportunity. They use the throw as an aggressive offensive technique intended to be redirected at close range into the goal. When you can throw a ball with the pace and distance of these two, the throw in is far more dangerous than a corner kick because the thrower's angle of attack on the goal is better than coming from near the end line. If you watched the Bearden/Farragut match, you knew it was just a matter of time before one or both teams would score on a redirected ball off a throw in. Britton and Bryan are both excellent at this technique. Britton, however, is the best thrower I've seen since a guy who used to play for McCallie a few years ago who could throw even farther. I think his name was Garvich but I'm not sure.

But see we're talking about throw-ins not killing someone with a gun. MRH is merely stating that Bryan's velocity and distance were better. They were in the air longer because they went farther. Both are superior thrower-inners with obvious thrower-inner mentality, but as far as last night's game went, Hill seemed to put BEarden in more danger. The throw-in crown goes to Hill.

while Bryan is an excellent thrower..... his balls loop quite a bit, which is easier for me to collect if they are close enough to me, maybe even far out and not a lot of traffic is in the box. Britton is very dangerous because he can bullet the ball to the back post. None of Bryan's made it past the front post except for that goeal that Dedrick scored.

Good point dawgskeep, I guess you got a better perspective since you were the keeper. And Well I'd say each throw went about 25-35 yards. And lcsocer, You are correct, except I don't think it was exactly a heavyweight fight, it was more of a lightweight bout... Ding Ding Ding, Hill wins round one, but Britton gets Calli

Ding Ding Ding, I agree. Bryan took round one. Did Britton get Cali. I didn't catch the 6 o'clock news to catch the story. I guess they had nothing better to report about, but hey britton asking a chick to prom works. three more rounds. This middle weight fight will come down to the wire with these two great thrower-inners.