Volunteer Falcons

Guest vhs06falcon

mrbean,you come up with some interesting questions,so lets get the ball rolling.Why hasn,t Jones been used?He was the conference leader as a jr. with over 1600 yds.At times he was almost unstoppable and should be even better this year with Mellons and Shivers to support.These two could also be unstoppable with their speed and strength.They could be the best 1,2,3 punch in the conference,running the ball north/south.Is the wing-t keeping opponents defense off balanced and confused?Ha,it seems the wing-t (as it is being run)is more confusing to our offense or maybe our coaches.It was embarrassing and unbelievable to get 3 delay penalties because we couldn,t get a play in.It also really throws their defense off when we line up with 4 wideouts ,so all they do is rush 6 .Are we telling them that we are good enough to throw the ball and they cannot stop us?Friday night I heard someone say we have a good offense we are just running it backwards.You have proven ball carriers,run the ball north/south that will make all 3 better.when your successfull that opens up your recievers.Chucky is a very talented QB who has very talented receivers in Smith, Hughes,Fleming, Bowery and others.Chucky is probably the best in conference as is our recievers.This is just a few of the talented people.If one cannot win with all this I wonder if they ever can.Time to have a house check? No we have good leaders.We need a new plan.As for defense, have you ever seen a 235# RB meet a 150# corner or OLB its not a pretty sight.We have talented players on defense but a corner needs to have speed and be aggressiveas do OLB.We got burnt on these every time .It cost us the ballgame.Inside we held them VERY GOOD. Hey an idea if you are not using Jones and Mellons on offense very much, as is the case maybe they are good enough atheletes to play some defense.

Edited by MEODAN

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IS JAY HUGHES ONE OF THE TWO PLAYERS WHO WILL MISS ACTION,SEEMS LIKE SOMEONE IS NOT TELLING EVERYTHING THEY KNOW,PLEASE KEEP US INFORMED ON OUR FALCONS CHHS72.

NOW MEODAN WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT WITH PROMOTING COACHES FROM WITHIN,COACH V. HAS BEEN THERE FOR YEARS,HE EVEN COACHED IN THE EARLY 80'S FOR THE FALCONS.DID SOME OF THE COACHES SCREW UP TO MAKE YOU THINK THEY NEED TO RUN?

MEODAN WHO EVER MAGNUS IS I WOULD BE GLAD FOR HIM TO POST ANSWERS TO MY QUESTIONS AND GIVE ALL INFO HE CAN.

I HOPE THE TEAM DOES NOT LET THIS LOSS GET THEM DOWN,MAYBE THAT OFF.WILL START CLICKING AND SOME POINTS WILL BE SCORED,CHUCKY AND RANDY WILL HOPEFULLY PICK THE NEW OFF. UP AND START THINGS ROLLING.

We had a bad game. I hate it, you hate it, the players and coaches hate it. It's over. Finger pointing gets us nowhere. Let's hope we all can learn something from it. I think we did have one of the biggest turn-outs ever at Red Valley. Work hard and let's get'em Friday. Time and place for JV game Monday? Anybody know?

No, Jay Hughes is not one of the players I was referring to. This is a public forum and do not want to do anything to embarrass a kid if I can help it. It would include one side of the defensive line.

Apparently, a couple of the players had a confrontation with the referees after the game and were suspended for two games. My information came from a reliable source, but there still may be some confusion over what happened and what the consequences will be.

I wish some of the people would get off of Jay Hughes' back. The kid transferred to Volunteer. Why, I don't know, but he did. Noone clained that he was going to be the savior of the football team. In fact it is my understanding that football has never been his primary sport. His sport is basketball. If he has issues with the D-b coach, it would not be the first time someone has had issues with Coach Morgan. Ask Lamon Williams.

I heard that he got into trouble in Kingsport. So what? There are several of the kids on the team that have had problems with the law, mine included, and some others who will before all is said and done. That is part of growing up. I do not know what Jay's trouble was, but until he causes problems at Volunteer, let us give the kid a chance.

Just because some folks in his family have been in a lot of trouble is not and issue either. Let the kid stand on his own. How many of us would want to be judged by what our relatives have done?

Edited by CHHS72

indian66,you must be reading more into this than is actually there. No one said anything about coach V.I have a great deal of respect for him and the entire coaching staff.He has been and will continue to be good for Volunteer and Falcon football.Don,t you have enough problems at your school to keep you busy.Maybe you should spend more time spreading your Joey around Kingsport and leave Volunteer alone.After all it was your choice..

Indian66, I do not know about a possible injury to Jay. I heard the same thing. My reference was to an incident after the game that should not have happened. The palyers need to realize that if they do something to get themselves suspended it hurts the team as well as themselves. They are young and they are going to make mistakes. That is why I did not name any names before.

I, too, hope Jay is not hurt. That also goes for the rest of kids who got some nicks and bruises Friday night.

To the Falcons: There are 8 more games in the season! Learn from Friday night and move on to East. It would be real nice to be 2 and 1 but only if you take care of business. Don't let side issues distract you. One play, one quarter, one game at a time. Keep focused gentlemen.

i agree about jay,he has been just fine and were glad to have him at vol,he has stayed all night with us and was a real gentleman.he is a falcon now so you better lay off of him.i agree with meodan about the wing t it might be a good off but we still are just scoring 14 a game.i just hate to see a team live or die by one off,i like west coast and hurry up off threw in the mix.i felt for the punter the coaches threw to the dogs,the boy had not even punted in a scrimmage much less the biggest game of the year and it showed,he can kick but thats asking way to much.during warmups chuck was holding extra points and jarvis kicked his right hand so hard he was shaking his hand.big chance to take and on extra point what would be better than a free shot on the qb while hes holding the snap.i seen alot of cheap shots and late hits that should have been called,bad job by the refs,i know their going to miss calls but cheap shots and late hits are a different story,kids can get hurt.i think cherokee beat us by them playing their best game and vol playing their worst,thats players and coaches.i think our def got tired,little bit of rest in the first half goes a long way in the second half.coaches dont get upset by our fans chatting on here,we just love football and when vol loses some of us get tore up and go home and scream at our wives,beat the dog. :lol:just kidding. were behind the coaches and team 110%just look at the crowd we had.we have a better team than the chiefs and i know were still going to make the playoffs.rem last year north killed us and we won 5 in a row.seniors this is your last year make the most of it ,we need more leaders.please no more delays,it even tore up my 9 yr old girl,she was screaming at chuck to run aplay,she even rode him saturday by saying you should have called your own play chuck your the qb,chuck just shook his head and i couldnt help but laugh.lets see you all take one game at a time.good luck fri.