Volunteer Falcons

Guest vhs06falcon

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could we get back to football just a little! Great win "on the road"! Looks like a good season may be at hand. Another game should tell. New offense did OK!

Wacko, or what ever your name is, where are you coming from? Tube steak? Get real! Let's discuss the sport or the game or something besides tube steak. And if all we have to discuss is how many seconds left until the game, then may be it's time for a new thread! Please, back to football. These kids are busting their humps in part to provide us old guys with something to get excited about!

Yo, hold up. Who let my Mom in here.

I do believe in was the old guy, CHHS72 that brought up the tube steak. I was just saying I wouldn't be interested. And I was just trying to help out Volfalcons with that seconds thing.

And while we're at it. I said the Falcons would score 41 points tonight, and then they go out and score 14. That makes me look bad. Next game I hope the pick it

up a little.

I believe deep down you guys really like me. Maybe we can all go out for a beer sometime.

WaCo"s feelings are hurt........... :huh:

Nice prediction CHHS72. I assume you were there, as I was. The score should have been more like 28-0 however. Volunteer was far better than Boone. Seemed like Volunteer either shot themselves int hte foot with mental mistakes or the zebras got 'em when they had other opporunities. One example was the excellent interception for a TD called back for clipping. :angry: I did see the clip. Well behind the play. Just a mental mistake. I hate it for Volunteer's #5. Nice INT and even better run for the TD. Like I said, should have been at least 28-0. I knew the offense would be impressive, considering the talent they had returning. What impressed me most was the defense. I saw two plays that made the hair on my neck stand up. The 1st was when Volunteer's #11 came speeding into Boone's backfield and flew over top of their halfback to sack the QB. :D This kid was flying around and throwing his body in harms way all night. Fun to watch. The 2nd play was when Boone had the ball 4th and about 6 inches, around Volunteer's 30. Boone attempted a QB sneak in the 1-hole. One of the Volunteer players, I believe he came from the LB position and I think he wore #46, slammed through the gap and popped the QB for negative yardage. I could feel the hit from where I was standing. :o Felt goooood.

I believe this team has the tools to better last year's mark.

I stand corrected on the spelling of WACO. Also, on the tube steak thing, but you bit on that one, no pun intended. You seem to be more concerned with humor than football. Humor can be a good thing. I will not make any further comments on your posts. I'll let robjim be the judge. Post away WACO! 173 posts since July? Must be close to a record! Last comment!

Go Falcons!!!!!!

Edited by two658

I think anyone at the game has to know this team can play. I also seen many men play for everything, every snap.

Sir Charles put the ball up 20 times for 116 Yds with no ints, and the go to guys caught the ball. Jones and company got the job done on the ground. The defense made the big plays, and the big hits. I haven't seen replays of other Friday night games, but I give my "Smash mouth", hit of the night to #64 of Volunteer, Levi Chatman.

The pass defense was there and will score for us this year, you may catch it on us but it's hard to out run us.

The line,, What a line! Both sides of the ball. Games are won in the trenches. We had good leadership and a good game plan. The fan support is there. A good team will improve a lot between the first and second game and we will need as much if not more effort to get out of Rogersville with a win.

Thanks again for a nice night of Friday night football. Work hard this week, take'em one at a time, who knows?

Edited by ulcpanther