Volunteer Falcons

Guest vhs06falcon

I do appreciate that.thank you. I always stay involved to try and make things better. I think that over the years THE TOUCHDOWN CLUB has made vast improvements in the football program. A pride thing, enthusiam, spirit. I met and worked with many fine people the 6 years I was Pres. Some still call today asking about football and the club. I am a Falcon fan regardless of the sport, win, loose, draw, always will be.

Parents need to get involved. It will not only help the program but instill and show the kids to get involved with the community and school.

ALWAYS A FALCON Larry

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck Falcons...it's one game (although one we all HATE to lose). The Five Rivers Conference is wide open this year...and we are way too talented to be sitting at home after the tenth game. This is your time seniors to refocus the team on the task at hand...winning football games!

FALCONS 35 Bluff City 8

...that is all. :)

I would rather see the Falcons win. You flatter Dobyns-Bennett too much to ever think that I would rather them lose than to see my team win. In fact keep D-B up there so when we beat them they have that much further to fall. :)

Really when you start worrying what others do you take your mind off of the task before you. All anyone can ever do is to give it their all and do the best that they can do. Then you never have anything thing to hang your head about.

That VolFalcon walks the walk and he's set the bar high. Thanks. We do need more underclassmen parents to step up and try to fill the big shoes. This years Pres. has us all moving together and we are stronger then ever, go Daddy Wasp. Do you really realize what you and the founders started? Touchdown Club, Tuesdays at 6:00.

Now to the Wasp, my info came from some Kingsport Kats I know at work. I guess it was lack of info that got it started. They have kids at both schools and they always let me know how good they are. This year not much has been said except that The Panthers look good. I never said any thing about luck and I know you guys are getting full effort from the young men because you have them ready and know how to keep the mojo working, Thats what a player's coach can do. I hope to see the Science Hill game.

We are coming into the East game a little banged up, but I think some guys are really going to impress some people. You've got to want the ball, to make the pancake, and get the "Smash-Mouth" play of the game, Nothing is as strong as play from the heart.

I think the thread is a record and the kids will set some of their own.

Your dreams can be your deeds. Make it happen. oh and duh,,,,

Wrap'em up and Ride'em down.

Edited by ulcpanther

Another tough loss.

Sullivan East 20 Volunteer 19

The defense played plenty good enough to win. They accounted for two of the three touchdowns. One when the East punter went down on his knee to get the snap at the five yard line and one on a fumble return for a touchdown.

I thought we were going to put them away in the first half. It looked like we were going in for a touchdown when East when we fumbled and East recovered. They then drove for a quick scoe. Then the next time we had the ball we were moving down field and then East intercepted a pass and returned it to the 35 or 40. East then scored just before half time. Too many turnovers. Too many fumbles. Whether lost or not they cost us. If not lost then they cost us a down with either minus yards or no gain.

All the boys played hard. The loss was not for lack of effort. Sometimes you just don't get it done.

Bart Berry had an outstanding game tonight. Randy Jones ran well when he could find a little room to run. Jay Hughes showed more of what he is capable of doing. I was proud of John Carl. He had a good game for his first start.

A lot of injuries and sickness caused some starters to miss the game. They need to get healthy if we are going to make a run.

Edited by CHHS72