National Rankings

admirals1

Mr fun you are right I had some bad info, Parkview and Chattahoochee did play three common opponents and both beat two, and Parkview beat Shiloh in overtime 3-2 and Shiloh beat Chattahoochee the first game of the year 1-0. I still stand by Tenn's best would beat Georgia's best.

[Edited by gameball on 4-19-03 1:55P]

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right Admiral.. We blew it in Oklahoma against then ranked# 5 Edmond Memorial in OT. Dropped us from # 9 to 22 and out of the race. We were thinking we would cruise to an easy victory like your thinking and that's when you get your head handed to you. Parkview, Bearden, and Farragut have to run the table and win state to reach the top. Respect your opponents or else-Good luck Admiral

After seeing farragut tonight i dont really think farragut is the #1 team in the nation. they are good where they are at 5 and maybe lucky at that. i dont know if they were not playing good or not or if usa soccer isnt like it use to be but i was not impressed. was a good game against bearden but nothing like last year.

Falcon, you are dumb, Both teams deserve to be in the Top 15. The game got pretty phyiscal because it is the biggest rival in Tennessee not to mention the talent these teams have together. Farragut and bearden can take on anyteam they wanted to and destory them. Just not when they play each other..you throw out the rankings. Its a dog fight everytime'

im not dumb i just know what i saw. this is the first time i have seen either team play this year and maybe it is hard to judge teams against a huge rival like bearden and farragut. maybe i was expecting a little too much but it just didnt seem the same as last year.. and i never said they did not deserve to be in the top 15. maybe if i saw each team play against other decent opponents then i would be able to see the teams better.

This isnt really saying much but if you think that parkview and those teams should be at the top of the rankings then take this into account.....Shiloh only beats Chattahoochee 1-0, Parkview uses OT to beat Shiloh 3-2. and Farragut beat Chattahoochee 7-1... I guess what im saying is that Farragut is worthy of a Top Ranking.. Until theres someone who can stop them or for that matter slow them down.

its no usse using comparative scores to judge how teams would fair against one another. These peoplewho do the National rankings see something in Parkview that, im guessing, they do not see in farragut. all ya'll can do is go ahead and win the state title and hope that they falter, then you guys will be National Champions.

If farragut stays undefeated the whole year then i wouldnt doubt that they would put them at the top. but just what i saw last night didnt look like the # 1 team in the nation. but admirals u did bring up the good point that its b/c of the rivalry. ims ure if i see farragut play anyone else this year i could tell a little more. not tryin to down farragut they have a ton of talent but as of right now that is the only game i have witnessed.

Without a doubt Farragut and Bearden are the top AAA teams in the state, but Ridgeway (A-AA) and CBHS are excellent teams with a smaller player base to choose from. I believe any of these four could compete with the best in Georgia.

In regards to comparing scores here is an example of why you really can't do it consistently.

Wilson Central defeated Middle TN Christian 7 - 3

Middle TN Christian defeated White County 3 - 2

Wilson Central should beat White County by approximately 5 goals!

White County defeated Wilson Central 5 - 2 on Tuesday, April 22.

Whatever the case is with Farragut and Parkview it would be the game of the spring season!