brentwood high

fanforever

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest john1995

dixie, i agree with you to an extent, but i've always heard most of schs players do not even live in the same county as schs.

just curious as to how many of schs players are actually from shelbyville or have lived there at least a year(not including rental properties)?

I know personally not Insell or any one from his camp had any knowledge of Tabitha or their intent on moving to Championshipville. This is simply a case of a talented athlete and her mother wanting the type of exsposure this level of a program can offer. And she won't sit on the bench.I have not heard any complaints from girls who are pushed out by the transfers but I could see that presenting a problem from time to time

I know that almader has had no contect to Insell. Start at brentwood or bench at shellbyville? Well i would say bench at shellbyville...shellbyville is exposed to so much more competition and rich insell knows what he is talking about. Whether she does sit on the bench or not, she will improve and learn more about the game. She has her work cut out for her, but almader has a strong heart, and i am not so sure that she is going to be on the bench. She only lived in Brentwood for two years, so the move was not as hard on her as some of you may think. She is all about ball and has moved to the right place so she can have a future of it.

I have no problem giving cudos to Shelbyville, but not Insell. Any one could win with the talent he assembles. And yes I know for a fact in years past he has approached girls and made suggestions. I will give him a hand. He did something never before in school history. A Miss Basketball last year was actually born in Shelbyville. Every knows they would never win. Their junior high programs get smacked. Then all of a sudden in high school they are a powerhouse. They aren't a powerhouse; the state of Tennessee is. Anyway, Insell was telling how he had the MTSU job in the bag. It seems to me the more you have to brag on yourself, the less true it really is. Grow up and admit what is going on; he isn't winning anything. He needs to go to college where there will be a level playing field, but he can't get a college job!!!!! :)

I am laughing at the fact that a majority of people continue to state that Shelbyville abides by the rules. I have watched Shelbyville for years, they are a great team. However, it does help when you get the best of the best in the middle Tennessee area. Insell is an average coach at best, but he succeeds with the talent that he has. I found it interesting on one of the earliet posts, suggesting Insell take a college job. Is there a program that would even offer it to him? I have watched Shelbyville, Oak Ridge, and ventured to west Tennessee at times to watch a different style of basketball. Throughout this time, I continue to see girls moving into the Shelbyville area "just to play basketball." Here is an interesting observation for all of those who stated the girl from Brentwood was not recruited......Who is her AAU coach? For those of you who don't know.....Tiffany Woosley. Where did she play high school ball? Shelbyville. Where did she come from? Moore County. How did Tiffany get from Moore County to Shelbyville? Some how, Mama Woosley ended up with a job at Shelbyville with 0 credentials. Must be nice! What about Christy Davenport? Came from Cannon County. AND, the list goes on and on.......All I am saying along with most of the people, is if the Shelbyville fans along with their coach wants to boast they are the best team in the state, then play on an equal level.

Guest fabfive

My daughter plays AAU in Shelbyville and starts on there 14 under team and they have never even suggested anything about coming to Shelbyville to play high school ball. What I see is that Insell is a really good coach. People need to stop saying that Insell and Prudden are not good coaches when people all over the nation that know anything about basketball know that they can flat out coach. Keep up the work Coach Insell and Coach Prudden.

Average coach you say. Well that makes sense being that he is on the Board of Directors at the WBCA(governing body of womens basketball), is the Chairman of the NIKE All American selection commitee for high school womens players, coached the US Junior National team in Colorado Springs in the preliminary tryouts, and a keynote speaker at the Women's Final Four coaching clinic. Yeah that is an average looking resume isn't it. Oh yeah, this girl from Brentwood has never played AAU in Shelbyville and has yet to meet Coach Insell.

I have lived in Dallas, Dever, Maryland, Jackson Miss. and (middle) Tenn. All Shelbyville does is play great defense( on the ball pressure) and push the ball up the court.I don't understand why the coach and you poeple play this slow B-Ball game. As long as the rest of middle and east Tenn. keep playing as you are you all will lose. That's why UT recuites outside of Tenn.I Like Murfreesboro but I do not like slow ball and neither do most winning college programs. :)

No one has stated that Insell is a bad coach and no one has criticized his style of play. Just out of curiousity, why did the last three posts not address the fact that Insell does recruit? Are you expecting basketball fans to believe the Woosley and all of the other AAU coaches involved with that program do not recruit for Insell? Everyone knows that Insell "coaches" the AAU teams. He might not sit on the bench, but he is at practices and sits behind the bench at games. He might not for the younger teams, but he is definitely there with the older groups. Last time I read the TSSAA rules, all of these are violations. Any comment? As far as all of the boards he is on, politics has a lot to do with it. It doesn't matter what level you are on - middle, high, college, or pro - the best coaches are not always the ones heading up these "boards." Just like everything else, it is not what you know, it is who you know. To say Insell is a good coach because he is on those committees is absurd. I think Jim Harrick, Terry Bowden, Mike Dubose and even Carlton Flatt served on some boards and committees. No one ever said they were bad coaches, but did they play fairly?