The Best in the Chattanooga area

bballfan12

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1A -->1. Boyd Buchanan- lost some key players but has been the class of the chatt. area in 1A last 3 years. 2. South Pittsburg- Traditional 1A power has some young talent, may be back on top soon.

2A --> 1. Tyner- Any questions?? the most talented 2A team around. 2. Sequatchie Co. - Look for big things out of Dunlap this year a good core of players returning.

3A--> 1. Grundy Co. - A very talented team could make some noise in the playoffs. 2. Howard--> Talent, and in a very weak region makes them the only choice for 2nd.

4A-->1.Cleveland- Traditional power has some talent in the Barber kid. Well be hard to handle next year. 2. Chattanooga Central- Could possibly knock off Cleveland for the top spot. Tons of talent and Coach Jones doing a great job. (If you throw in Alabama,Noth Jackson would be #1)

5A-->1.Soddy-Daisy --> Should overtake Ooltewah in the Chatt. area with alot of returning talent. 2. Ooltewah--> must replace Foster and some other key players.

I chose only from the Chattanooga area TN teams and regions. Did not include Teams such as Sweetwater b/c to me that is Knoxville area since they play in that region. Just my humble opinion.

:D

1A South Pittsburg ready for a run--Whitwell didn't loose but two key players and beat Sequatchie, who should be tough this year. Remember Whitwell won that region two years ago, with win over Boyd.

2A agree with previous post Tyner then Sequatchie, Sequatchie more disciplined, if they capitalize on Tyner's usual six turnovers and 100yds in penalties they might have a chance

3A Grundy stands to do some good things this year--howard should s-l-i-d-e in there for 2nd.

4A Red Bank will be big suprise this year, no longer satisfied, working hard --- Cleveland or Central for second Jones has his team doing everything right.

5A Soddy Daisy will be tough this year, hear they are making a few changes, measuring stick for stength, see for yourself April 26

--Ooltawah 2nd just because.

i ve repeated this time and time again, but anyone who thinks a team will top cleveland, has no idea what cleveland is made of. central will have there best season in many a year, but cleveland is way too much for them to handle, cleveland beat them 51-0 last year, and brings back their entire offense. and red bank, what r u on? even teams that work out and have big hearts need some amount of talent to win. not gonna happen.

• 5 weeks later...

Region 3-1A - I think this Region is a three horse race between Boyd Buchanan, South Pittsburg, Whitwell

Region 3-2A - #1 Tyner = Any Questions? #2 Sequatchie County = The Indians should be very good this year if the injury bug doesn't bite but nobody beats the Tyner Rams unless they don't show up for the game!

Region 3-3A - #1 Grundy County = Should have a Big Year! Game one against Sequatchie should be entertaining for both teams Fans! #2 Howard = They have athletes but can they play football?

Region 4-4A - #1 Cleveland, #2 Red Bank =? Is it time for the Lions to show back up? or is Chattanooga Central ready to climb into the race?

Sequatchie, I believe Chattanooga Central has already jumped into this race with both feet by tieing for second place in their region last year. I believe they will challenge Cleveland for the region championship.

I think the Pounders do have what it takes to finish second but can they beat Cleveland and take the #1 spot they get the Raiders at home this fall to prove it!