Henry Harris or Jamont Gordon?

lajen9

let me start by saying jamont gordon is not a thug!i do agree with you on some of the things he does on the court are horrible but he is a good kid.as far as his on the court action i want you to always remember this "A KID CAN ONLY GET AWAY WITH WHAT HIS COACH ALLOWS HIM TO" if jamont acts a fool on the court it is up to the coach to handle him.in my eyes all jamont needs is a coach that teaches him about being a mature young man that is respectful,responsible,and gives him tough love and jamont will see every coach in america at his games.i did not forget about his grade problem, if people really care about jamont like they say they do then they stay on him year around and make sure he does what he should be doing in school.i know the post says HENRY ON JAMONT these two are total opposite.HENRY(HE IS A LEADER,HAS HELP ON THE COURT,HEAD STRONG,AND ACOACH THAT WILL TELL HIM WHEN IS RIGHT AND WRONG).JAMONT(OFF THE COURT THE MOST QUIET PERSON IN THE WORLD,A FOLLOWER, HAS NO HELP,AND STAYS IN THE GAME THE WHOLE 32 MIN. EVEN WHEN HE DOES ALOT OF DUMB THINGS).BUT GOMAB IS RIGHT JAMONT IS IN THE TOP FIVE OF HIS CLASS. :o

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jamont has a lot of people around him telling him the right things to do. Dooney has tried to assist the kid. I went and watched him play this summer at Belmont and witnessed him getting kicked out of a summer team camp game and almost getting into a fight w/ a grown man after another. At some point he has to understand that he needs to change his ways in order to be successful. Some D-1 players are thugs,true, but a player of his magnitude playing on a sub-500 HS team and a AAU team w/ not a lot of exposure will never be seen to even be given the chance, attitude or not. He is approching his jr. year so the grade issue needs to be addressed ASAP. Until he learns that he needs to crack down in the classroom, and become a "positive" he has a better shot of being George King than a D-1 prospect.

jamont needs more leadership at school but from the things that i have heard he probably needs more than that. i have heard that he beat up a teammate during the district tournament. i have also heard that he had already beat up his dad and had community service to do during the season which made him miss some practice. are these things true?

Guest GoBigBlue03

What is the purpose of trashing a 16 year old kid. C'mon people this is not "Hard Copy". I don't think slandering someone is what these message boards are for. It is adequate to give opinions on who your choice is. I don't know the Gordon kid, but regardless, no one wants dirty laundry out in public. Any recruiter that is worth his weight will do his own due diligence on a prospect. Attacking a players' character on the internet is out of line and probably opens exposure to the author and the site. Keep the comparisons above the belt and you can achieve your opinion just fine.

Most of you guys on hear dont even know Jamont, He is no thug. He's just the normal teenage ball player in the inner-city. If you guys think henry is better then so be it. But the post is about their ability to play b-ball not whose the better person. Henry is a grade higher than Jamont, compare the stats to henry's and Jamonts from their sophmore years. Jamont is a better baller, jamont also hit 37 pts on stratford this year as a sophmore. I think he should be #1 sophmore.

1. has more skill than Tyler, and just as much athleticism.

2. has just as much skill as the Delks, but much more developed(body/strength wise).

3. has way more offense than Cromwell.

Why isn't he #1

[Edited by cdm2003 on 4-24-03 1:07P]