FARRAGUT V. BEARDEN

wc15

what are you talking about bearden looked better? Farragut had possition most of the game. The only thing bearden had was counter attacks, but very very very deadly ones at that. Farragut had alot more chances to finish then Bearden, but Bearden's keep is increadible. Way to play Josh! But don't don't don't get me wrong. Bearden's got a great team. It's just they don't possise that much. Then again they find other ways to finish. That was an incredible game boys. i'm looking forward to the rematch. :D

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know its wrong to blame stuff on the ref, but what do you guys think about some calls and none calls. I personaly have had him many times and I think hes one of the worst. And no im not saying it was his fault we lost, but man he stunk what do you guys think.

And the red card I dont know about that.

You bring up a good point. While the ref was not the greatest I feel there were bad calls going both ways in this game. Both teams had alot of opportunities, and likewise missed many of them. The game was incredible and I believe 2-1 in favor of farragut accurately describes the game(even though the ref let a year go by before caling the final whistle). I thought farragut had the better of the game, but not too much. Both teams played outstanding, and I would not be a bit surprised to see the two match up three more times this year.

trell what are you talking about? if farragut beat them out possission wise then how could bearden have won the attack? Farragut had more and better opps then bearden had. they had them in front of the goal. bearden just had break aways and like i said earlier that's all bearden had. so actually farragut won the attacking part.

The purpose of soccer is to put the ball in the net...not out shoot or out possess the other team. Shots "ON GOAL" mean nothing unless they go in and the better team, on that particular day or night, will take advantage of the oppurtunitys more often then the other team. I recall many, many, many games when I played where we were outshot and out possessed but we won anyway. You have to take advantage of the opportunitys you are given or that you create for yourself in order for them to matter. THe object of the game is to score more goals....not look the prettiest.

Well, we waited over here anxiously for the score of this game since it was moved to the Monday date , and I waited a day to respond, because I said it before the game no matter who wins the other team will have plenty of excuses, and sure enough, I have watched on the threads and there are plenty of excuses. Bottom line is Farragut won and they will play again, and Bearden should just let it go, it's over you lost. You will have another opportunity and noone likes all these excuses why, it won't change a thing, it's history and Farragut won. Now so some of us in the middle of the state can watch the next game can someone tell me when it is???

Thank you, Gameball. I actually had a Bearden parent attempt to provoke a confrontation after the game because he felt the referee and linesman cheated. Pathetic.

IF the two teams meet again (which they should), it will probably be either the 8th or 9th of May. Both are the class of the district but South Doyle's keeper is good enough and they have gained a striker that did not play against either Bearden or Farragut, that they could be a spoiler.

[Edited by Seldon on 4-23-03 10:47A]