JCS downs USJ

Guest gdog12

Guest tnbaseball101

.4loveofthegame : "Don't they play on a little league field where it is 280 down the right field line. A team of 90 year olds could hit homers at their park."

Please have more class than that! I go to games all around Jackson and West Tennessee and JCS has one of the nicer feilds in Jackson. I'm not a JCS fan (North Side) but I know that the right field line reads 300 and i'm guessing that its around 285, 290. But Your statments make you seem jealous, are you. Don't say stuff like that, it makes you look stupid and you lose respect. JCS's feild is propably in the top 3 or 4 High School fields in West tennessee (of course excluding Memphis) so I don't exactly know what you mean by little league field.

[Edited by tnbaseball101 on 4-23-03 9:49P]

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next time you are at JCS take a long look at right field. Kinda wierd. And JCS does have way more power than USJ and they are playing better than USJ but I would hope JCS does not underestimate USJ because any team with a Coach like Coach Carey and the big game experience of USJ is dangerous.

the distance from home plate to the right field fence down the line at JCS is irrelavent...both teams get the same number of at bats and can therefore take advantage of the distance or lack of it...if it is 300 as posted or something less as some here have claimed...both teams benefit or suffer equally...total home run counts are not comparable as different teams playing diffent schedules and different number of games even...keep that from being a relevant factor...head to head wins and losses are all that count in the end...USj is a great team...JCS is a great team...they will meet again...and the scores posted on the field are the only stat that is really relevant...

Guest Westtnbaseball

I have seen both of them play and I think that JCS is a better team than USJ but just because JCS is better doesn't mean that they are going to go farther during tourney time

You all talk about demensions of the field at the place JCS plays. Well if I am correct when JCS plays an opponent their.....the other team gets to play with those same deminsions so why cant they hit homeruns also? UMMM I play for Farragut and people talk about how there is a short porch in left and thats why a lot of balls go out well other teams who say that should be hitting homeruns just like that but they dont. I was impressed with JCS in the Sports Belle Classic. And especially with the bat of Canigan(i know i didnt get that right) he seemed to take advantage of that "short porch" in left all weekend even though he hit some massive shots.

I am not being a jerk nor am i jealous. I could care less who wins that district i am just saying that i heard it was a very short field and you guys have three lefties who hit it out there. I could care less if you hit 300 hundred homers I am from middle Tennessee and have never seen your field and was only repeating what I heard. If it is 280 then that is really short for a high school field even at 300 that is short. So don't brag about homeruns who cares.

POLLS MEAN NOTHING!!!!!!!!

For Example........In girls basketball this year, the Jackson Co. Lady Blue Devils were the 3 time defending state champion; yet they spent 0 weeks at the number 1 spot.

Then again, until USJ ends their season with a, they are still #1.

Just play. The cream ALWAYS rises to the top. :)

To FightinAnchor15:

This is Gary Cadigan (not Caniigan). I thank you for your comments about my performance in the Sports Bell Clasic. And I just wanted to say that you are correct about our fields being "small". If I go to Fenway Park and look at there right field line i believe it reads 298. Now thats a Pro field and yet its got that small of a pourch. Our field may look small but its still a gonna be a shot to get out of there.

I agree with VG both JCS and USJ have a great rivalry and want to keep it a classy. I have watched these teams go at it for the past 11 years. If you go to eat at Los Portales after a game you would find many of the players at the same table eating together. Many of them worship together, hang out on weekends, go on vacations together and I personally know of 2 of them that share the same bathroom at home. The kids get along great...sure they want to win, who doesn't . It's some of the adults that are crazy, and from what I have observed it's the ones who do not have a kid playing that are the loudest and the most obnoxious . I do want to respond to this :

Posted by VolunteerGeneral:

The worst overall fan behavior I have ever seen was the one year JCS beat USJ in football back at USJ`s old campus. I was on JCS`s sidelines and the words spewing from Jackson Christian fans were disappointing. VG

I have a son that played that night for JCS and as they were leaving the dressing room under the home stadium and walking beside it they had drinks from the fans thrown on them. But you were on the visitor side (working chains)and would not have known that . These 2 schools have a long history of great games and stupid behavior from their fans. I think the present day school administrators, coaches and athletes have done a great job in making it a classy rivalry, but a few Nuts are still out there and they are on both sides.. I should know I sit on both sides of the field. I have a son that plays football and baseball for JCS and a son that plays football and baseball for USJ.