Farragut vs. Bearden

JoseCuervo69

Funny. We'll see what happens in the next couple years in the Bearden football program. I think you will be pleasantly surprised to see what happens. As far as Farragut, they are a solid team that has many people to pick from, but still can't find a good way to be a dominant team. They have as many people as DB, but they must not have something that DB has(you guys can speculate, I won't bash anybody).

As far as the rivalry goes, Bearden had the upper hand until this year. We had beaten thme 4 in a row before that. Before we lost to them in 1997, I believe we had a similar streak.

As far as dropping football, soccer is not the only sport we are good at. That is a stupid generalization.

Farragut is not winning because Courtney is not cute enough. They have the largest school in the area and are pitiful. As billygoat2 says maybe you should concentate your efforts on soccer. Maybe you could add chess, badmitton, and croquet. Anchors away.

Oliver P. Shaggnasty--that's with 2 g's.

[Edited by OllieShaggnasty on 4-24-03 7:33P]

Yeah ... I sometimes lament the fact that William Blount has not reached the upper echelon of the Oak Ridges and Dobyns-Bennetts of the football world, but at least we've passed Bearden and Farragut by !!!

When the Govs see either of those two "West Knoxville powerhouses" on the schedule, we get a smile on our face.

GovMan