Job Opening

knoxcobb

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkjudge

It is True. The Carter HS girls basketball program is looking for a new head coach. Coach Doane has decided to spend more time with his family. Lucky for the Carter they have a head coach for an assistant. (Joe Carson)The only problem is that the administration will have to make a choice before Coach Carson gets away. Carter's girls program has some young talent that needs to be developed and I think that a veteran coach is what thay need to instill a new work ethic and some new ideas. The big question is will they make the right call for the program? Joe is a very good coach but some people in that community may not like his aggresive manor and discipline. It's what those young ladies need. My daughter plays for him in AAU and she has become a better player under his direction. Carter should look right on their own bench for the next Head Coach in my oppinion.

Guest doitnow

Be very careful about the hire of Joe Carson. A good coach, that can go crazy at times. Also, has some baggage that some administrators may not be willing to have on board with them. Careful, Careful

It seems like the fine people of Andersonville/Clinton are going to bash Mr. Carson, because he left their program. I tell you if I were the administration, I would be busting my HUMP to get Joe at Carter.

You people can say what you want about Joe, but he's a heck of a coach, and I think he's the man we need to take our program over.

Joe is a winner, and we need to start getting winners at Carter.

Guest doitnow

bkjudge, I am over it, just think that the Carter people can do better. All I said was be careful. And winning is not everything as some would have us believe. As far and the Clinton/Andersonville people getting over it. I am not a Clinton/Andersonville person. I have know Joe Carson for many many years and much water have gone over the dam. I have gotten over what has happened in the past. My experience has been that if given a chance history will repeat itself. Enough said. Have a great one. :)

Don't he coach one of the Carter kids in AAU. Would this put him in trouble with the TSSAA since high school coaches can't coach there kids until school is out and he is coaching one of them right now while school is in. Don't know this for fact but just wondering.

I thought the rule was that no one in the school could coach a player in that school, until school was released for the summer(as far as AAU is concerned). So.........is it a violation to be coaching her right now? I'm sure Coach Carson knows the rule(s), I'd say he isn't coaching her right now. PLEASE correct me if my interpretation of the rule is wrong.