Oakland?

SilverTA

Just wondering why this team isn't getting any respect. I saw them explode on Riverdale last night. They played a complete game with strong D and a powerful O. Their record speaks for itself. Why aren't they ranked anywhere? I mean teams with losing records are ranked above them?...What's that about?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland

you are exactly right, oakland doesnt get any respect, i mean this is a team the only lost 1 senior from last year's team and shows no sign of letting up. and btw, weak schedule or not they made the state final four last year and the get respect from everybody, so we will who plays a weak schedule come may.

Don't fall into the trap of measuring respect for your team by a message board. Your team deserves better. What matters is if they respect themselves and are respected amongst their own school, families and friends. Taking measure by those that do not have to account for their views on a message board is a lack of respect for your own team.

Weak schedule? The girls don't choose their schedule ... and the COACH doesn't play the games.The girls that make up the Oakland's team still deserve RESPECT.

And, by the way, there are many Oakland games that haven't been posted on this site ... I respect Oakland for not reporting every BIG blow out in the paper just to toot their own horn like some other teams which I won't name ...

I feel like the all the respect the Oakland girls need is that of their fellow team mates, coaches, and parents...most importantly...for themselves.

I know everyone of these girls has my respect!!!

What other teams or players say or think about our team is really just alot of talk...jealously perhaps.

We play this game to have fun...what its all about in the first place. If you aren't having fun...do something else.

We play a very similar schedule each year and somehow usually end up near the top each year...

So...so if your opinion is that Oakland plays a weak schedule and not enough tournaments and doesn't deserve respect...we'll see ya in Memphis.

This is the best bunch of girls to work with...We have fun and respect each other enough for all of you out there.

:x