Who Will Win State in AAA?

Guest hvillefan

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apology accepted, my sentence was quite coherent. Don't get me wrong, it is ok to run the score up, but I was trying to get across that you cannot base which one of two teams is better based on one game when they both blew out Cleveland. Both teams more than likely used bench players for a good part of the game.

You can say Farragut is better because they are 17-0 but not because they beat a team by 8 when another team beat them by 4.

i was at the game, farraguts starters indeed DID score all 8 of their goals, while backups played maybe a little over 20 min. most teams pull their starters out after 4, maybe 5 goals. i have seen farragut play numerous times, while they are pretty solid, theyre not the best team around and not unstoppable. if youre going to compare goal differential, then brentwood farragut and bearden would easily be top 3, not always the case.

Those of you saying Farragut and Bearden are virtually invincible and that they can pack their bags for the finals better watch out. I've seen this exact same thing happen to better teams than either of them many many times and guess what....they packed their bags alright....but for an early trip home. Forget all the scores against "common opponents" and all the "they beat so and so who beat them who beat them worse", etc., cause it doesn't matter. You have to consider not only how hard a team plays against you but most importantly how one team matches up against you strategy wise compared to another. For example... Farragut may beat a team 11-0 that Father Ryan (just an example) only beat 4-0 but when Farragut plays Father Ryan it could be a tight game. I've seen this happen so many times. So maybe some people out there shouldn't be so sure of themselves when picking who makes the finals.

mrfun: OK, now I'm confused. You accepted my apology which was offered if I misinterpretted your allegation that Farragut ran up the score on Cleveland. Then you say that your post was coherent, thus admitting that you WERE accusing Farragut of running up the score. That being the case, my apology should NOT have been accepted because my original assertion would have been correct and the apology not applicable.

There is a difference in running up a score and beating a team badly. Running up a score is done on purpose to either prove a point or humiliate an opponent. Sometimes, when there is a significant gap in the quality of the teams, there will be a significant gap in the score. Sometimes the only way for a good team to NOT put goals on the board is to intentionally not try and score. This goes contrary to the spirit of the game.

Farragut beat Cleveland by 8 goals because, on that day, they were eight goals better, NOT because they ran up the score.

whorundis, either you weren't at the game or you left at halftime. Farragut's bench played for 15 minutes in the first half and 20 minutes in the second. And we're not talking subs here and there, we're talking the entire midfield and forwards, parts of the defense off and on and using keepers as field players. The score could easily have been much worse, but Coach Culbreth doesn't work that way.

i was there. they definately didn't hold back. Why would they? I'm from west tennessee and it took me 2 seconds to figure out how bitter of a rivalry that game was. The fans, the players, every aspect of the game was as competitive as it gets. There was no need for them to hold back because Bearden(even with one man down) was fighting their hardest and still getting legitimate chances. It was alot closer than what the score showed. Anyways, those are by far the two most talented teams in the state. I don't see either one of them losing(except to each other).

Offsides where did you get that Farragut held back in the Bearden game?????????/ If you read the post they were talking about the Cleveland game!!! Farragut or Bearden would beat the other 20-0 if they could, the post were talking about a complete other game!! That's how stuff gets turned around and we all get off the threads purpose or theme, ANYWAY, Bearden or Farragut will be the state champion, NOONE can beat them both. You can say the are overranked but considering the teams they have played against they are the creme NOONE's schedule comes close ad between them they are undefeated except to each other. One may slip but both will not fall!!!!!!!! And I'm even from a middle Tenn school!! WE plan to sneak up on them!! ;):D

They are good teams and favorite win the title, but the schedules from Bearden and Farragut are not impressive. Neither play Christian Brothers, Brentwood, Hendersonville, notre dame, mba, and neither have tested themselves against nationally ranked teams, besides each other of course. The two are good but the schedules are not the toughest in the state.