Brentwood Academy/BGA

WesVLT

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

game was played today ( Tuesday ) @ BA. BA won in this game 3-2. Had an exciting ending. Bottom of 7th, guy on 1 and 2 for BGA, with 2 outs, BGA flied out to end the game. BGA must begin to hit well inorder to survive the region tournament.

Congrats to the Eagles on yesterday's win. BA started its left fielder who has only pitched one game all year, and pitched 3 other support men in a very conservative effort. Backups were employed at 5 different positions, and BA still won despite good play from the Wildcats. Unfortunately the scoreboard was mostly broken and the PA system was unavailable, making for a quiet afternoon. Still, congrats to BA!

It wasn't disrespect at all, just prudence. Since the game wasn't essential, BA decided to rest a few starters in order to make sure they stayed healthy and well-rested. We didn't rest everybody -- just 4 or 5 guys. Believe me, in talking to the BA players and coaches I have observed nothing but a warm respect and admiration for the BGA program. Coach Buddy just didn't want to put some of his starters on a very slick, muddy field when it wasn't absolutely essential to postseason possibilities.

okay, i take that back then. and that was a very quick response too. :D i see now what they were doing since the field was a tad bit wet, but then why did he put them all back in the game in the thrid inning?

I'm not sure why he put them back in...I imagine he decided he'd rather win the game than be too cautious. I dunno.

Edited by WesVols