Siegel Stadium

BDURHAM

Nashville television affiliates reported tonight that the residents have won the first round. Apparently the next step is in court next Friday.

Could this be a sign of things to come in Rutherford County? Watson has retired, and the school board and county commissioners cannot agree on a stadium. Is there no one representing the school system who can mediate this issue properly?

Siegel will be playing a full varsity schedule this fall. Where will they have their home games?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well at practice today Mr. Nolan the principal for Siegel stopped by and told us that he thinks that the stadium issue will be settled with in the next two days (Friday). Which means that our stadium construction will probably be starting soon. If its not ready in time we will probably be playing at MTSU. And if you are referring to Coach David Watson retiring then you're wrong because he is here to stay.

[Edited by Fullback49 on 4-30-03 10:53P]

LOOK FOLKS WE, WELL MOST OF US, KNOW THAT IN THE 'BORO THE SCHOOLS COME FIRST. SIEGEL WILL GET ITS FIELD NO MATTER WHAT THE PEOPLE AROUND IT HAVE TO SAY. IF I MAY, USING SECOND HAND INFORMATION, STATE THAT MANY OF THE HOMES WERE BUILT AND PURCHASED BY THE OWNERS WITH THE KNOWLEDGE THAT A HIGH SCHOOL WAS SOON TO BE BUILT ON THE PROPERTY.

Guest Oakland

yes gokar, they were aware of the situation that their maybe a time down the road when a high school is built there. it is a shame that we ( taxpayers) pay these people who serve on the school board good money, yet it seems that they cant find a solution to get the building of siegel's stadium underway. i cant tell ya how much i hurt for those, so the people who are suing the city of the stadium being built too closee let me ask you this: if your kid was gonna play for siegel would you be more worried about losing some of the property value off your home, or your kid having fun during the time of his life in which he is supposed to havee fun and i guess i will just leave it at that. and one last thing, i wish good luck for all of the siegel stars, including rhett parker and hope you guys remember siegel and murfreesboro well.

Guest Oakland

well i cant speak for the players that have played for oakland at patriot field, but i have always felt, as a senior and as a student, your own stadiums have so much more feel,vibe,and aura too it rather than borrowing a stadium like mtsu. i know i liked our field so much cuz i wouldnt have to walk a half mile around the stadium every night. but for what it is worth, just my opinion

• 3 weeks later...

i tell you this, playing at mtsu is not fun. I played for oakland for 4 years, and the first game we had our own stadium was the last regular season game my sophomore year. i hated playing at mtsu. the turf stinks. for one thing, turf burn hurts so bad. i remember my jr. year playin riverdale there, i slid like 6 yards on my stomach diving for a fumble(i slid b/c the turf was wet) and had a big turf burn on my stomach...the jersey came up in mid slide. plus, the injuries are more common. speaking from experience, i hated playing at middle. i really dont think that Seigle will like it either. they might at first, u know...being excited about not only playing for the first time, but playing at a big college, it is exciting. but, the excitement wears off, and u realize it hurts to be on the ground, and they will realize that midway through stretching

I agree with you both. I will be playing for siegel and i am not looking foward to playing on turf. It hurts bad. The bad thing is that if you get a turf burn one week, by the time it is healed, you have another game and you just get a new one. But i am still very excited about the upcoming season. Pain is all part of the game.

Edited by Fullback49