Region 5 Champs

Air Force Guy

Who will play in the Region 5 finals and who will win it?

It is clear Hendersonville, Clarksville, Gallitan and Smyrna are the top choices. Clarksville seems to have done better vs Gallitan and Smyrna than Hendersonville but Clarksville couldn't beat Brentwood (what else is new) and Hendersonville beat Brentwood. Should be a tight Region Tourny this year. It has been the past couple of years. I pick Clarksville vs Hendersonville but definately have to consider Gallitan and Smyrna.

Hendersonville, Clarksville, Smyrna, Brentwood, Franklin....the region is pretty much wide open this year with a bunch of talented teams. I think this is definately the toughest region in the state.

Hendersonville beat Brentwood, Brentwood's only loss is to Hendersonville.

Clarksville and Smyrna are both very talented this year and Franklin has won 5 straight going into their district tournament...Franklin is my wildcard.

Any comments on these teams?

If it wasn't for the fact Clarksville lost to Brentwood....I'd pick them to win the region against Hendersonville because against common opponents Clarksville has done better (score wise) but just only commparing common opponents to pick a winner would be a huge mistake. Plus some teams match up better against certain teams than others will due to playing styles, rivalrys, etc.,. Region 5 saw it's share of close games in the region tourney last year and I have a feeling it'll happen again this year. I don't care what anyone says.....after all the meaningless preseason games and then the regular season is over with....this is the toughest region in the state and always has been come post season time. Especially when Brentwood and Franklin was still in it back in the days but even without them I believe region 5 is the toughest when it counts most and that is in the post season. Farragut and Bearden fans can think what they want to think but they are really the only two good teams in that region. It seems like there is always a region with one or two VERY good teams that you can pick to win the region but are overall weak regions and always several regions that are tight competively in the end. Clarksville's district isnt tough but the rest of the region sure is. That is a sure thing. And anyone that can deny this certainly can't deny that this sectional is the toughest. That isn't arguable at all.

Clarksville is fully capable of returning to the state tourney. "IF" they play up to their capability then they'll make it through the region and maybe far beyond. They've creamed some common opponents of Smyrna and Hendersonville but that matters little, if not at all, unless they play that way against Smyrna then Hendersonville.

Franklin is out, and Centennial is in. Ok, besides that, it looks like Clarksville will play Smyrna, and Hendersonville will play Rossview. Clarksville beat Smyrna earlier in the year 4-2. Should be a good game. I'm thinkin Clarksville vs. Hendersonville in the region 5 finals, and I see the Commandos goin away with this one, lets say, 3-1.

Whorundis...I believe that I already pointed out that fact when I said....

"They've creamed some common opponents of Smyrna and Hendersonville but that matters little, if not at all, unless they play that way against Smyrna then Hendersonville."

Point is that if they play to their potential then they are VERY capable of getting through Smyrna again then Hendersonville and maybe farther on. Comparing scores can sometimes be bad but it's possible to get away with it if the gaps are constisent through out a season and both teams play well against each other in the end. Otherwise...it doesnt matter much.

Edited by Air Force Guy