Toughest District

mjsftbll20

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think that 9aaa is hard district. just look at the teams in it: beech, mt juliet, la vergne...etc. i mean as a whole it looks pretty tough. i also think that 11aaa is pretty tough too. overton, centenial, brentwood, hickman co. , franklin. not to knock the other districts though. just think these too are pretty tough.

District 1-AAA is by far the toughest. Any of these teams can beat the other, with only 3 games (out of a 14 game schedule seperating 1st-6th seeds in the District Tournament. The first game of the tournament saw #5 seed Sullivan East beat #4 seed Tennessee High 5-4 after 11 innings of thrilling softball. I am currently writing the article to be submitted to the local newspaper. What a game! What a year!

1-AAA is not the toughest, it may be the most competitive though. Many of the teams from 1-AAA could not play with the teams from 9-AAA, 11-AAA, 8-AAA, or 7AAA. I also don't think they could play with Soddy or Cumberland Co. So while it may be the most competitive there is no way it is the toughest. Best of luck to the teams from that district and maybe they will prove me wrong, but I don't think so. Oh and my vote to the best from top to bottom goes to 9-AAA also. Beech, Mt. Juliet, Hendersonville, and Wilson Central can play with any team on any day.

Dist1-AAA is tough from top to bottom. Great pitching (way to go Whit & AW!) and solid defense are seen from most of the 7 teams in this district. Every team has one or two hitters that are big sticks and have to be dealt with carefully. illpete23 I've enjoyed your posts - good stuff.

In middle Tennessee, I'll go with 9AAA with Beech, Hendersonville, Lavergne, Mt. Juliet and Wilson Central. I also like 8AA with Greenbrier, David Lipscomb, Hume Fogg and Macon County. Both districts have teams that could battle at the state level who will watch from home. Ezell-Harding and Goodpasture in the same district is tough but the other teams aren't close. Too bad Davidson Academy and Hunters Lane don't have more fight in their districts to prepare them down the stretch.

MomT,

Were you at the game tonight? Go to the "Big 7 conference from District 1-AAA" thread later tonight or tomorrow and read my game summary. It's my first attempt at being a sports writer. I'm also going to send it in to the Bristol Herald Courier and Kingsport Times-News. But remember folks, you read about it first on CoachT.com

I also think that District 1-AAA teams could play with other districts. I guess we will have to wait and see until later in the year for that though...no doubt we're tough though...

Edited by illpete23

After do a little more checking I discovered that Daniel Boone is the number one team from 1-AAA. Coffee County one of the better teams in mid TN AAA beat them 21-0. Eleven of those runs came from the JV. Just thought that might be a little better way to compare.

6AAA is by far the toughest, having twice as many softball state champions than any other district.

Chattanooga Central, Ooltewah, Brainerd, Red Bank, and Soddy Daisy are far and away the best.

In fact, this year that whole Region is the toughest in the state. Pick a tournament or even a game that Soddy or Cumberland County has played and look at their records.

Beech is tough, but Cumberland County beat every team they faced out of 9AAA this year. Soddy has been playing against out-of-state powerhouses all year so as not to tip their hand to anyone (as if they were going to sneak up on anyone anyway).

However......

You can look at this from all sorts of angles. This is only my opinion. The next 2 weeks will answer this question without doubt. But I enjoy the discussion just the same, especially with all of this rain.

By the way, whomever is doing the rain dance...................... CUT IT OUT!!

Boone had 4 1-run wins in district play, basically because of pitching. They could have easily have been 4-8 instead of 8-4. The #6 seed beat them 11-0 in the regular season, then later lost 1-0. When Boone has the right pitcher on the mound they play good, and when they don't they fall apart. If I'm not mistaken Boone didn't do too well at all in that Cookeville Tournament. That same #6 seed plays Boone again in the second round of district as soon as the rain stops and we'll see who the best teams are. Also, please read my article in the "Big 7 Coneference District 1-AAA" thread. It's posted now.

The guy from Kingsport-Times News sent me an e-mail stating:

"If you will give me 25-30 inches column space, I will see if I could match

your story. That's hard to do in 15 inches column space."

Well, people on this website would say that he is making excuses, but I think that's his Senior Editor way of saying "Good Job"